Hello, I am a Newbie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bobaloo

Hello everybody. I am a California mom of a nine year old level 4 gymnast. We have competed in two meets as of now. Her second meet went well for her in two events, fair in one, and not so great in the last. I was so proud of her for seeing all of the positive things in the day and learning something new from her mistakes. I joined in order to have a better understanding of the sport as well as the judging. I just think that if she understands the judging as well that it will help her improve.
Any and all advice is welcomed. I was a nervous wreck during her last two meets.

Hope to meet many new friends, Lisa

Hey Lisa,

Welcome to the Chalkbucket. Congratulations on surviving your first two meets, things only get better with more time and experience. We are all learing a lot from each other here, and having way too much fun!:)

Welcome and Congrats on your level 4.
Meets are sometimes hard to take for parents though the kids seems to sail through them. She'll do fine and so will you :p

Welcome :) I can't really be of much help about the nervous wreck thing - my dd is a level 7 and I am still a nervous wreck at every meet. She of course is fine - so it's all good :D

Welcome Lisa!

And, I, too, am a major nervous wreck at meets and my dd just moved to L3 this weekend. So...you're not alone!;) This is a great site, you will love it!

Kelly

Hi and Welcome to CB. I think you will find lots of new friends.

My DD is a L3 her first meet of the season is Sunday - I am already nervous !!!

Hi Lisa! Welcome to you & your DD! I have a 12 year-old/L6 DD. We recently moved to FL from Northern Cal. Missing it in some ways, and not in others!

Hope your DD has a great season! :cool:

HI and welcome!! My DD is an almost eight yr old level 4, and our nerves are just as bad ! Good luck, this is a great community, with lots of great info!

I think nerves as a mom are pretty common. My DD doesn't seem to get nervous in front of a crowd, more nervous in front of small groups. Go figure.

I tell my DD that competitions are about so much more than scores and winning. Sure, those are nice and of course part of the competition, but I am trying to get her to see competitions as competing only against herself. Bettering her own scores, setting goals (stay on beam, stick landing, etc) and really just doing her best and having fun are what I want her to see as important. Being proud of her teammates and cheering them on.

I think that you will learn quickly by watching the girls that score high and talking to seasoned mamas about what judges are looking for. :D

Welcome to the CB. You will learn much here and meet some awesome mamas!

Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the Chalk Bucket. This place is great for a lot of helpful information.:) I have 2 gymnasts, Alexis and Kayla. Lexi is 4\5 and 6 years old, Kayla is pre-team and 4 years old.

Tara

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back