Hello to everyone!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD is 11 years old and competes at Level 9. While she has been competing competitively for six years now, it seems as though it is starting to get much more serious. Many of her the girls on her Level 7 and 8 teams have dropped out and the time commitment is getting a lot more demanding. She is going into 7th grade next year, so it will be interesting to see her juggle 20+ hours of gym a week along with homework, social stuff, etc.

So far, so good for my DD - she absolutely loves gymnastics - both competing and training. It seems as though she is in this for the long haul, whatever that may be.

I have been lurking here off an on over the years and have gottens a lot of tips from all of the threads. Anyways, decided to join the community and I hope to be able to contribute.

Welcome to CB! My DD is also 11 (12 soon) and going into 7th, training for Level 9. She has been in middle school since 5th grade so our HW overload and social stuff starts a bit earlier than other schools. She has been training 20+ hours for the past 15 months and absolutely LOVES the extra gym time (we switched gyms). Homework really hasn't been an issue, but she is very regimented in having to do it as soon as she walks in from school We are home by 2:50 and have 40 mins before leaving for practice, so she has a quick snack and starts HW. Most of the time, the bulk of HW is done, or at minimum within 30 mins of coming home from practice. If she has a test, she will take study notes with her to look over during their 10 min break. DD has Wednesday's off from gym so that's her day to hang out with friends or just veg at home and do nothing. Its a nice break during the week. It's also her day to get a head start on HW for Fri or if possible, for the following week (like reading ahead or projects). I've found that when they are determined, they will make the whole thing (gym, school, friends) work! :)

Welcome to CB! I have a dd training level 9 going into 6th grade and I'm terribly worried about the gym time and homework and everything, but she somehow always manages to get it done. I think it takes away some of the social pressures when their training group has girls their age for a social outlet. There are 4 or 5 girls in my dd's group all competing as a 12 year old Level 9 this upcoming season, so that makes for a nice group of like-minded friends.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back