Hello!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

JennMene

Hello everyone.

My name is Jenn - I am 20 years old and I live in Texas.

I have done gymnastics since I was 3 years old - competitively for 14 years. I have an interesting story ... I was a USAG level 10/Elite at age 13 and had a stroke that "ended" my gymnastics career.

After I recovered, I was very out of shape and could no longer do many of the skills I had done before. My doctor told me that I would never be physically able to compete again. Slowly I got back into the gymn when my strength came up, but he was right - I could not physically do the skills anymore because my body was too weak. This devastated me. But because of my stubborn, hard headed personality, I decided that my new goal was to show my doctor that he could not put limitations on me or my dreams - I would compete again.

While I was unable to do Artistic, I was able to join a local club near my house that participated in T&T. I competed for 2 years and qualified to Nationals in 2007.

I have since stopped training gymnastics, but I now coach at a smaller club that participates in AGA gymnastics. I thank God every day that I am able to stay in the sport that I love, and give kids who wouldn't do well in the USAG atmosphere a chance to compete gymnastics!

This seems like a wonderful place to come and talk to people - I hope I can get to know a few of you all soon.
Take care,
Jenn

Jenn,
What an inspiration you are. It sounds as if you had an incredible career before your stroke. I cannot imagine how difficult it was to go through that at such a young age. I am impressed by your drive, determination and love for gymnastics. Obviously God's plan for your gymnastic career was different from yours
But look what he has you doing, a wonderful thing for other gymnasts. Anyone would be blessed to have you as a coach.

Lovely to have you here Jenn, you sound like every gymnasts dream coach, what a great role model. HOpe you enjoy our community.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back