Hello!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

X

xtumble4lifex

Hello! Newbie here, I joined this forum hoping to get some questions regarding my tumbling answered, and maybe answer some others as well!

I've been tumbling for around 7-8 years (and counting) at a few different places. Now I do a cheer leading class at a gym close to me where I've been going to for six years (I do floor, trampoline, and tumble-track) and Acro (tumbling on just mats) at a dance studio where I've been going to for almost 3 years now. I don't compete or do cheer leading. Just because of the expense, and I didn't feel I'd be good enough with certain events.... But now I really wish I'd gotten involved. Anyway, with the Acro class there is a show in June, so the tumbling at the gym is more like practice for the real important stuff I do there. I really enjoy tumbling and I have great, supportive coaches!

A question I'd really like answered is with my back layouts. I've been working on these for a long time, and my biggest problem with them is that I usually whip out of it shortly before landing. I get anxious and end up almost piking out of it when I'm close to landing. I've been working on these mostly with my coach at my Acro class. At the gym I do them without spot into the pit and off the Tumble-Track onto a mat. Is there anything I should know or do to help me with this problem? How can I not whip so much at the end? And I really want to get them not so "whip-like" because it obviously influences my twists. I can do a half and the same problem may be causing me to snap down more toward the end as well, so it's harder for me to do much more than a 3/4ths twist. ??

Thanks for any input! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here! :)

Hello! Newbie here, I joined this forum hoping to get some questions regarding my tumbling answered, and maybe answer some others as well!

I've been tumbling for around 7-8 years (and counting) at a few different places. Now I do a cheer leading class at a gym close to me where I've been going to for six years (I do floor, trampoline, and tumble-track) and Acro (tumbling on just mats) at a dance studio where I've been going to for almost 3 years now. I don't compete or do cheer leading. Just because of the expense, and I didn't feel I'd be good enough with certain events.... But now I really wish I'd gotten involved. Anyway, with the Acro class there is a show in June, so the tumbling at the gym is more like practice for the real important stuff I do there. I really enjoy tumbling and I have great, supportive coaches!

A question I'd really like answered is with my back layouts. I've been working on these for a long time, and my biggest problem with them is that I usually whip out of it shortly before landing. I get anxious and end up almost piking out of it when I'm close to landing. I've been working on these mostly with my coach at my Acro class. At the gym I do them without spot into the pit and off the Tumble-Track onto a mat. Is there anything I should know or do to help me with this problem? How can I not whip so much at the end? And I really want to get them not so "whip-like" because it obviously influences my twists. I can do a half and the same problem may be causing me to snap down more toward the end as well, so it's harder for me to do much more than a 3/4ths twist. ??

Thanks for any input! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here! :)

Welcome! As far as piking out all I can say is you need to think about your position. Try to hold the tight layout position and don't let your hips bend to make a pike. Also, if you are piking down out of your layout you might need more height so work on setting and getting more height. Good luck and hope this helped.

Welcome.
I used to always pike out of my layouts, and it was always because i didn't have enough height. (Like xleahcarx said) so that might be the problem. I always make sure i set up high by looking for the back wall when i set sort a thing.. that always helps. But that might not be your problem :) good luck though! let us know how it goes.

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome!

And I will definitely post how the layout's coming along! I'm thinking the reason I pike out is because I'm not getting enough height, like some have said...

Thanks! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back