WAG help! DD can't remember "homework"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
DDs bars coach gave her 'homework' to practice a specific drill for CHS. She knows that she's supposed to be in HS against a wall - just a little bit away- and open up her shoulders .... something about popping up to HS from the wall?
Does anyone know a video of this? She's trying it the way she 'remembers' but she's not sure she's doing it right.

Any ideas?

DD says, when in HS against the wall, you pull your body "lead with your nose, then armpits, then hips" until your step out/down

DD says, when in HS against the wall, you pull your body "lead with your nose, then armpits, then hips" until your step out/down

Facing the wall or back to it? (step down?)
She wants to know ..... like when they're stuck at the top of a giant?

***Thanks for the reply .... but she says that's not the homework. Any other ideas?

I used to kick up to handstand against a wall and push my back nice and flat against the wall. Then I would pop my shoulders out and open to where my back was away from the wall? Does that make sense at all?

Thanks for the vid .... but it's not it, either. She *thinks* she's supposed to be nose to the wall ..... she was also told to wear socks for it?
The socks would protect her feet, as they will scrape the wall if you are nose to the wall. No idea what the drill is though, sorry. Can you e-mail the coach for clarification?

The socks would protect her feet, as they will scrape the wall if you are nose to the wall. No idea what the drill is though, sorry. Can you e-mail the coach for clarification?
We're going to gym right now. The problem with asking the coach.......she was told on Tuesday. She asked for clarification on Thursday before gym (he even had her do them, but not on the wall). She forgot by the end of practice. I was trying to be a nice momma and get her out of looking bad in front of Coach, but it looks like she'll just have to suck it up!

We're going to gym right now. The problem with asking the coach.......she was told on Tuesday. She asked for clarification on Thursday before gym (he even had her do them, but not on the wall). She forgot by the end of practice. I was trying to be a nice momma and get her out of looking bad in front of Coach, but it looks like she'll just have to suck it up!
Sounds like she needs a gym journal. Right after practice she should write down things the coach wants her to remember, ie specific corrections and homework. At that time, she can ask for clarification on how to do the drill, but then can write it down so she won't forget.

N
Sounds like she needs a gym journal. Right after practice she should write down things the coach wants her to remember, ie specific corrections and homework. At that time, she can ask for clarification on how to do the drill, but then can write it down so she won't forget.
never heard of that! Sounds like a good idea. Do they right in them right after practice?

I'm pretty sure this is what she's supposed to doing. It's a bit easier if you can do it on angle though instead of a vertical wall. Took me awhile to find this video because it's under a random name and SOMEONE who will not be named here has too many videos on their channel ;)

By the way, it's going to hurt her wrists if they are flat on the ground and she does it too long. It would be best if you can build her some PVC paralettes or it will even work to hold the edge of something like a panel mat to where her fingers are angled down.

I'm pretty sure this is what she's supposed to doing. It's a bit easier if you can do it on angle though instead of a vertical wall. Took me awhile to find this video because it's under a random name and SOMEONE who will not be named here has too many videos on their channel ;)

By the way, it's going to hurt her wrists if they are flat on the ground and she does it too long. It would be best if you can build her some PVC paralettes or it will even work to hold the edge of something like a panel mat to where her fingers are angled down.

Yep! That's the one! Thanks!

Gymdog - how many reps of these should DD be doing, ideally?

I think she'll have to just start doing it and see. It's going to involve some falling over at first. Like I said, having her wrists flat on the floor is going to bend them at a deep angle. So I wouldn't do too much in that case. Work up to sets of 10.

I think she'll have to just start doing it and see. It's going to involve some falling over at first. Like I said, having her wrists flat on the floor is going to bend them at a deep angle. So I wouldn't do too much in that case. Work up to sets of 10.
Thanks! I worked something out so that she has a bar-like handle to grip.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back