Parents Help from the gymnastics club

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I tell the financial problem to our gymnastics club for this year and the futur year. They understand very well and want to keep her so they allow my dd to do less hours training and keep training with the same group. She will be in a lower categorie (P4) in Canada. My dd is Ok with that and she understand that it was a good compromise for her, the gym and us. Does your gym club is comprehensive like that ?

Wow that is great news for here, and you. Our gym tries to be fliexible with the girls they can drop hours if need be.

Claudie will still do well in P4, she is young, talented and learns quickly. It will still be a challenge for her and less expensive for you.

That's great that you were able to reach a compromise with your gym. I'm sure Claudie will have an amazing year as a P4. I think Bean will be competing P4 equivalent, (level 8 here in Ontario). She wanted to do P5(level 9) but she may not be ready in time. We'll find out in October.

How many hours does your gym train for P4?

Good Luck to Claudie this season. When is her 1st competition?

That is very wonderful news. I am not sure if DDs gym would do this or not. I know her old gym did work with families when they had money issues. I am happy that they are accommodating your DD and that she will still be able to train and compete.

That's great news--glad it worked out. Our gym isn't too flexible--they want people to understand that gymnastics team IS expensive and you shouldn't go into it if you can't afford it. They will let girls stay at lower levels, if that's what parents can afford, but they don't encourage it.

That's awesome that the club is willing to work with you - our gym does the same sort of thing - however, I think that is one of the big differences from Canada to the States. A lot of clubs in Canada are non-profit organizations, so while the bottom line is important, it isn't actually a business with an owner who relies on it for their yearly income!

Best wishes to your DD in P4 (my dd is a P4 as well :))

Thak you all ! Claudie will do 16 hours per week of training. The next year will be a problem because she will go to highschool and the school finish at 16h00 and the group train at 15h30. She ad 2 options, stop gym or change group ang go again in a lower level. She don't know wet, we let a couple of months pass and began to talk to her in march-april.

That's awesome that the club is willing to work with you - our gym does the same sort of thing - however, I think that is one of the big differences from Canada to the States. A lot of clubs in Canada are non-profit organizations, so while the bottom line is important, it isn't actually a business with an owner who relies on it for their yearly income!

Best wishes to your DD in P4 (my dd is a P4 as well :))

Claudie will be in Tyro P4 will your dd will be in tyro to ?

Hopefully by next year the hours will have changed so there won't be a conflict. How do the other highschool kids make it work? Bean's going to be leaving early once a week this year, and the school had no problem with it. Is that an option for Claudie next year?

Good luck to her in P4!! I hope to watch her success in videos!!

Yes, my dd is a Tyro P4.......I've seen your dd's video's on youtube.....she is very talented :)

Hopefully by next year the hours will have changed so there won't be a conflict. How do the other highschool kids make it work? Bean's going to be leaving early once a week this year, and the school had no problem with it. Is that an option for Claudie next year?

Good luck to her in P4!! I hope to watch her success in videos!!

The girls have 2 others options : 1- private school (we can not afford it) 2- kind of sport -study school that is public and finish at 14h00 (but is 45 minutes away from are home and they dont have transportation and i work 30 minutes from are home but on the other side !). The father don't want to involve imself and he don't accept that Claudie miss school. Let me tell you that i'm realy upset because is working at home !!!

So this is the wrong side for children with divorce parent !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back