Help!! Grip troubles!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So yesterday the part of my grips right between the fingers broke and I have one of the biggest competitions Saturday. I have other grips but I need to break them in. I have resport double buckle grips and I feel like their to soft if that makes sense. Is there a way to break them in fast?

My daughter has those exact grips and needed to break them in quickly a couple of weeks ago. She asked her coach to help her. He worked with them, folding them back and forth, and scaping them on the bar cables, then he did some swings with them (he's a former gymnast). By the end of the morning workout, they were completely broken-in.

Perhaps you could have one of your coaches help you out???

Good luck!

My daughter has those exact grips and needed to break them in quickly a couple of weeks ago. She asked her coach to help her. He worked with them, folding them back and forth, and scaping them on the bar cables, then he did some swings with them (he's a former gymnast). By the end of the morning workout, they were completely broken-in.

Perhaps you could have one of your coaches help you out???

Good luck!

Thanks i have asked my coach but all she tells me to do is to do giants and routines (which im really uncomfortable doing because their not broken in yet) so shes not helping that much. I have stayed later this week just to do swings. it's funny because my dad has more suggestions then my coach.

Roll it around the dowel and then roll it backwards around the dowel in the other direction. Do this 25+ times until the leather is softer.

I do exactly what the others have suggested - work them back and forth, do lots of swinging in them (totally would advise against giants just yet!, scrape them, chalk them etc. When you put them away, roll the 'tongue' up and do the buckles up around it.

Other than that, I'd suggest always having a second pair and wear both pairs in. That way if one pair breaks you have always got a 2nd pair as backup, already worn in. I know it is expensive, but it is worth it!

Hope that helps,
Marie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back