help if you understand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i need advivce.

• if you have any advice please tell me !

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • if you know anythign about it tell me

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
hii,

So im really stressing over things now.. well ill start from the start.. i used to be a elite diver and was invovled in a very serious diving accident. I nearly died and since then there has been something stoping me from doing skills in gymnastics. Like i will tell myself what to do and something and then somehting in my body stops me from doing it. and yesturday i was supposed to do roundoff bh onto a 40 cm mat. now ive always had mental problems with this and all my coached allways spaz at me because i cant do it, and my body is very capable of doing it but something just stops me and i really dont know what it is and i nearly broke down crying because i couldnt do it and my coaches wouldnt settle for less. and now im feeling scared and confussed and i dont know what to doo..

Please if you understand whast im going though please give me advice or anything please i really need it :(

I think I know what your going through, and the only way to solve it is to block out the yelling, it's not worth listening to it. Sometimes, you have to just go for it, because gymnastics is a dare devil sport, and even if sometimes your not a dare devil, act like it. You think you cant do it, but you can! Your coach would not make you do it if they didn't think you could.

I know exactly how you feel, we where doing the same drill about a week ago and it was really scary. I asked my coach if I could start on a lower mat, but the answer was no. My coach wouldn't spot it either, and the rest of the team was able to do it no problem. In the end I was able to do it. How I got myself to do it was to think RO back layout. What your coach is having you do is a drill for a Yurch. vault, which is more of a BLO onto vault than a backhandspring. While your thinking about this don't concentrate on touching your hands, in a layout your don't. If your are able to do a layout onto it your can do a BHS. You will probably touch your hands though? Have you ever done table tumbling (tumbling up onto a porta pit (level 4 vault system)?

thanks kayla ! but theres no yelling at all, like ill be all convinced to do it and ill go for it but something stops me from doing it completly. and i would try and fix it but i dont know what it is in general :S

I have the same problem in back hand layouts sometimes, I really want to go for it and do it, but then when im halfway through my backhandspring i go to set for the layout and i chicken out! Talk to Michele or Kenny, they do understand, and will help!

You can do it!!

This is a tough problem! I myself have never gone through a
major mental block like this... Only minor ones. You said how you know you can do it, so you just need to keep telling yourself
that! Start small do drills. Build your way up to the point where your mind is convinced along with your Body that you can do it! Also go to teamates for support as well! They can help give good advise too! Mental blocks can be tricky, but just don't give up!!

thanks kay !
but like ill go for it the first time and then i will just stop and wont be able to do it. And then for the secound try i will get my self convinced and exited and i will tell myself ill do it ! and then when i go for it and my body stops me , and then after i didnt do it , i just get realy depressed and then when im forced to do it again , when im thinking on what to do im not even close to being convinced to do it and i just cant try anymore cause after i tried and i said ill do it and i dont, i dont know what to do anymore...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back