Parents Help Leo addiction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

claudidoll

Proud Parent
So ever since little miss started at a real gym I've been buying her leo's and well now I can't stop.
I got a box today with 4 leo's, 4 shorts, and 2 tops ( thanks Gym Critter) and I am trying to restrain myself from
getting in on the sale that Gym Critter has on now....somebody stop me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, anyone want to share their crazy leo stash?

here's a pic of mine with my girly ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1371134911.503958.jpg

maybebI need a support group ;)

That is a lot of Leo's. I thought I liked to buy DD Leo's but you have me beat by far.

Lucky little girl to have so many to choose from.

My daughter likes them too, but we don't have that many! We practice 4 days a week, so she can make it through 2 weeks without repeating, and I thought that was a lot. I also though, don't have a lot of time for laundry...so it's more practical for us to have a couple weeks grace period with all our laundry, not just her leos. Now they'll have a spirit leo, and another leo required for certain practices though, so there won't be many days left for her to wear one of the others.

I thought I had it bad, but that looks like a lot :eek: dd trains five times a week minimum and has five to wear, five in the wash, another five in case I forget to wash them, five long sleeved ones for winter training, one comp leo, one comp warm-up....that's it apart from all the others I can't justify!

I know it's crazy!! I have a hard time resisting a sale....

Does it make it better that about 1/2 are the next size up....

I too am a leotard addict. It's quite sad really and an intervention is clearly necessary. My daughter could go several months without repeating a leotard and there are 3 in the mail to be delivered... Release the Cirque leotard already dangit GK!!

I try to justify it, she spends more time in a leo than actual clothes, she has 2 practices a day several times a week, she hasn't changed sizes in a long time so there are a few she's had for over 3 years... But really there is no justification. I am just a junkie.

I feel bad, we only have one leotard! DD is practicing two time a week for now, wears the same leo, then I wash it over the weekend. We also have last season's comp leo, so if for some reason I haven't finished the laundry, she wears that one.
But starting in July, she'll be practicing 3 times a week, so I should definitely get some new ones. How does this Gym Critter thing works again? Can't figure it out.

Dont feel ashamed!!! To all us Leo addicts, Its OKAY!!!
I love getting new leos and having my DD wear them!
She has told me she has enough and I agree. I will go through a few months of no leotards and then BANG!! I must update all of them.
I told my daughter that she is like my little American Doll.....She rolls her eyes and says 'whatever' and smiles...
I especially love to get them on ebay real cheap!!

Hi! as For GymCritter just go to www.facebook.com/GymCritter They have my available fabrics listed which are about 15$ each or They are doing a special that ends today but three Leo's get one free you get to pick any fabric you want from spandexworld or spandexhouse for this special these start at 20$ each. ;)

I'm right there with you! I was doing really good but then Jillybeans released their summer line and I ordered 3! Now I'm off to check out gym critters!

My daughter is still in rec, but she does go twice a week which is how I justify it. When she was a baby I was a cloth diaper addict and then for a while between diapers and classes there was a time I had nothing to collect. Then she started gymnastics and dance. She has a fair share of dance leos, but they are rather boring. The gymnastics ones are just so cute with so many different options.

Yes, an intervention might be in order.

DD only has 3 right now.... but I am just getting over my swimsuit addiction for the summer and swim team.. and will be back to buying leos.
She just went up a size though so she outgrew the other 5 she had ;)..not sure she will ever have as many as your dd though.. LOL. :D She only goes 3 days for 1.5hrs a day. She will usually wear 1 or 2 all week then switch.

I've got a problem, too! Worst part is I sew leotards...my DD has roughly 36 practice leotards and only practices 3 times a week. Eek.
But at a production cost of roughly $4 a leo, it's hard not to build new ones.

Don't worry about all those leo's, I understand the official limit is two gymnastics garments for each year of age. Whoops, I just looked through the picture while counting. Uhum.... You could always take the position that some of them could be worn for ice skating, cheer practice, weigh training.......

It is still amazing to me that GK never figured out that they could make and market knockoffs of the singlets the men wore at the Olympics. My son would have been so thrilled!

It is still amazing to me that GK never figured out that they could make and market knockoffs of the singlets the men wore at the Olympics. My son would have been so thrilled!

I don't have a guy in gymnastics, but have always wondered why gk doesn't make replicas for guys.

Also, I can't find anyone that manufactures a college leotard. Anyone know of a manufacturer that does those? My dd has been begging for a leotard with the mascot of her favorite college team on it. I have searched a few times over the years and have come up with NOTHING.

I, too, am guilty of a leotard addiction. My dd is in the gym 3 x a week for gymnastics and 2x a week for power tumbling. She currently has 25 practice leotards that i sell as she stops wearing them and put the money toward more leotards. Dd loves her leotards and has 6 "special" leotards that she doesn't wear: replicas from 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2012 and a SWEET Mary Lou Retton leotard :) that thing is AMAZING

She does where them to dance class, and she insists on wearing them while playing gymnast in our backyard...

Plus she has a little sister who will likely do gym, so she needs lots so they stay in good shape right...

I'm addicted to buying leotards in great shape in used/consignment stores for super cheap... and now I know where they all come from. Thank you for stocking up so that someday someone like me can buy them for $2 - $5 each!

You all make me feel so good about myself! LOL I was washing DD's leos today and was a little embarrassed that she has 14. I'm small potatoes compared to you professional leo shoppers!

We have a gymnast in DD's gym and I would love to raid her leo closet. Not only does it appear that she never wears the same leo twice but the ones she has are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back