Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help! New and needing advice!

Flyaway

Proud Parent
Jun 1, 2014
Country
USA
I think you have to know what "elite" means at your gym. Do they truly mean fast-tracking her towards an elite career in gymnastics? Does your gym have a history of doing that? Do they produce elites or collegiate gymnasts? Or is this a word that they are putting on a group that's intended to dazzle parents and gymnasts alike but really just means more money/hours with no true track or plan? That word gets thrown around.

I don't think anyone here can really answer your question unless you know for sure what the gym means by elite.

Pineapple_Lump

Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Judge
Jan 31, 2008
I guess we don't know a lot of info but if the coaching and environment is good and your child is in love with the sport and wanting more then I guess there is no real issue with joining the 'elite' group - it's just a name after all for something different (as Flyaway said it is possibly used to suck parents in). Just see it as a short term thing, your child loves gymnastics and wants to do more, so for the time being you can take the option - but be ready to step in and alter the path if the joy/spark starts to disappear.

1ToughSport

Proud Parent
Oct 23, 2019
Country
USA
Not a lot of hours for that age if this is what she wants. My 9 yr old goes 30 hours a week and her days off is still jumping all day. L8