help on recovering from surgery ???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lcgymgirl

I'm new to this chalk bucket thing
but i have some questions.
i had reconstrucive ligament surgery in my ankle on june 22 unfortunately its a 4 to 6 month recovery time. it is really hard to sit and watch my team mates learning new skills and stuff that i actually wanted to do...? does anyone have any advice:confused:

<3 lcgymgirl

Never, ever, ever give up! Just keep your goals in sight. The recovery time is a bit of an obstacle, but think of it as a constructive problem. Mental toughness all the way, LOL! I'm sorry I don't have much more to say. Good luck!;)

I agree with you, watching everyone else doing new skills and having fun is very hard. You wonder "Why me?", "Why now?", "Why does it hurt?", "Why does it take so long to heal?" it's very difficult. I do know where you're coming from, I'm still recovering from my surgery which was May 6. They went in and tightened my ligaments in my ankle and took the screw out of my elbow (from a previous injury). Not sure if your ankle surgery was the same, but it is a long road of recovery. I started back in the gym May 20 basically working abs and arms. After completing physical therapy the doctor released me August 18. I began doing front tumbling on tumble track immediately, then started doing roundoffs and simple jumps on floor September 1. I just did my first roundoff bhs tuck on spring floor this week(since surgery) and got my front hs vault almost back to where it was before surgery. Like I said it is a long recovery and most pounding is still pretty painful for me, but as long as you stick to your conditioning and listen to your doctor you will be back stronger than ever. There were also two verses that helped me through my recovery process, they just kinda put things back into perspective for me when things weren't going so great. Jeremiah 29:11 is great when you are asking those "Why me" questions & Isaiah 40:30-31 was great when I was conditioning by myself and just felt like giving up. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you in your recovery!

I'm a coach, recovering from microfracture knee surgery, and meniscus repair. It was hard to not coach and sit on my but for 12 weeks, but you have to listen to your doctor, let your body heal. While I was off my knee, I would work upper body and core. Now that I'm back coaching, I stayed strong due to all the conditioning. There is always a muscle you can be working!! Don't give up! condition with your team, hang in there, your body will be better for it!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back