HELP w/ double back tucked off bars!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Hi

I can do a layout fly away really high really high but i cant do a tucked flyway i pull into the bar. Any help?? Please asap

Hi

I can do a layout fly away really high really high but i cant do a tucked flyway i pull into the bar. Any help?? Please asap

It sounds like you are depending on your shoulders and head to start the rotation, when your lower body should begin the flips as an extension of the foward tap swing.

We do a lot of "timers" meaning layout flyaway 1 1/4 to your back on mats in the pit.

We have a target landing point hanging from the ceiling. Try to see if you can flip a layout flyaway to your back and land the proper distance from the bar repeatedly. Later, remove the mats and try to finish a double flyaway in the same spot.

If you don't have a pit, then there are other options...

It sounds like you're closing your shoulders and throwing your head back as you release. The only difference between a layout flyaway and tuck flyaway is that your legs are bent and that your knees come up. Before you relase your flyaway--kick your toes up to the ceiling and keep your shoulders open then just let go. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back