Help with hair! URGENT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

zzaremba

Coach
Gymnast
I have a competition on Saturday which (of course) my hair needs to be back for. I have quite long, thick hair but it's usually okay in a ponytail with hairspray and lots of bobbles. But my floor routine has changed and I know have a roundoff backward roll in it and it pushes the bobble down, loosening my hair and I can't pull it tight again at a competition. Any tips to help with this?

Thank You

When I had a back extension roll in my floor routine, the same thing happened to me. Try having two tight braids, with a lot of hairspray...:rolleyes: Anything in the back of my head always got pushed way up when I did my roll.

Another thing is, you could try to roll back faster, or put your arms behind your ears more, because I've found that if I roll a certain way, my hair doesn't mess up as much.
(Not that you can try that before the meet now, but just in the future you could think about that)

I'm not sure what you mean about the braids. Do you mean braids up to the bobble or all the way?
Thank You for the tips.

2 French braids up the back/side works great for Flippers long, thick hair. We don't do just one up the middle as that gets in the way or hurts her head.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back