Help with skill values please...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I am trying to come with routines. I am an adult who just got my AAU membership, so that I am able to compete in adult competitions when they are available. Can someone out there help me with skills values? They follow the same letter values A, B, C, D, and E, like in USAG.

In the AAU, for each of the events minus Vault, I will need to have 2 B skills and 5 A skills as requirements. Anything above B skills will void my routines.

I just need a few examples of skills if anyone can help. I have registered to compete in a meet in April in North Carolina.

Thanks for any help that anyone out there has to offer.

Happy Flipping :)

:beam:

Help with skill values please

Balance Beam: B skills:Some mounts are : Jump 1/2 turn, Jump 1/2 to clear straddle support, Free forward roll at end of beam, Head kip, Cartwheel onto end of beam. Some leaps, Jumps, or Hops are: Split Jump, Pike Jump (hip 90 degree), Stretched Jump 3/4 turn, Cat Leap 1/2 turn, Tuck Jump 1/2 turn, Wolf Jump 1/2 turn. Some Turns are : 1 1/2 turn, 1/1 turn in tuck stand w/ free leg in horizontal. Others would be : Dive Cartwheel, Push Cartwheel, Round-off, Dive Forward Roll, Back Extension Roll, Forward Walkover, Forward Handspring, Walkover Backward to clear straddle support, Gainer Flic-Flac. Dismounts are : Handspring 1/1 twist, Aerial Walkover 1/1 twist, Salto Forward Stretched 1/2 twist, Arabian Salto, Backward Salto 1/1 twist. These are just some.
I'll send some B skills for uneven bars in my next post.

Uneven Bars : B skills: Mounts would be Straddle Cut Catch, Jump 1/2 turn glide kip, Free tuck or straddle jump to hang on HB, Jump to handstand on LB w/hips bent, then extended. Circle skills : Underswing 1/2 turn w/side flair of arms recatch bar, Underswing 1/2 over LB, Clear Hip Circle to clear support. Swings Backward : Backward Giant, Salto Roll Backward from HB to LB. Dismounts : Clear front support, underswing 1 1/2 twist,Flyaway w/ 1/2 or 1/1 twist any position, Backward Hip Circle Hecht on LB or HB, Whipsalto on LB or HB (bounce back somie) These are just some listed.

I hope these suggestions help you create a great routine to watch! I have the JO Code Of Points so if there's something you specifically want to know the value of, just ask.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back