Help with standing tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've been wanting to get my standing tuck for ages now but I just can't seem to get it right, I always bend my knees to much, so it's more like the start for a flick, and if I manage to do it without doing my legs wrong I do something else wrong, any tips?

There really is no Mandatory, proper way to start...so long as it gets you up and you can make it (without a lot of travel).

Some people may squat more or less. Some may bend over more to whip more of their lower back strength into it.

So long as you don't travel that much, it doesn't really matter.

If your legs are very strong and powerful, you won't need as strong of abs/core. Vice versa, but in general it helps to be a decent jumper and strong abs such as quick hanging leg lifts.

I did some testing with our girls a long time ago and ideally those that could vertical jump 20% of their height did alright. I thought I would prefer something like 25 to 30% but 20 was fine. For standing back handspring some girls could only generate about 10% but 15% generally had stronger faster standing back handsprings.

I think learning it properly at first will help you out more in the long run. Learn to set now, so that one day when your doing fulls or something, it'll be easier.

The most important thing will be the set with your arms and shoulders. Don't whip it back, drive it up. After that its just ab strength to pull it around. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back