WAG help with toe shoots..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast@<3

Gymnast
hey i know ive been asking alot of questions but i need some help with my toe shoots im like a cenimeter away from grabbing the bar... any advice??

practice them away from the high bar on to a stack of mats that are 3 feet above the bar. make sure that the stack is far enough forward so that you don't swing your butt in to the mats.

you then swing above the height of the stack and do a Shushunova up on to the stack. when you can do this without bending your arms, bending your knees or dragging your feet on the mat then you turn around and face the high bar.

make sure you have at least an 8 inch mat in between the bars. if you miss DO NOT put your hands or elbows down. if you miss you simply Shush on to your stomach just as you did the drill. :)

practice them away from the high bar on to a stack of mats that are 3 feet above the bar. make sure that the stack is far enough forward so that you don't swing your butt in to the mats.

you then swing above the height of the stack and do a Shushunova up on to the stack. when you can do this without bending your arms, bending your knees or dragging your feet on the mat then you turn around and face the high bar.

make sure you have at least an 8 inch mat in between the bars. if you miss DO NOT put your hands or elbows down. if you miss you simply Shush on to your stomach just as you did the drill. :)
okay that makes sense, ill try it tonight! people also say aim with your feet.. is that true too?:)

It's a little trickier than it seems. ;) The drill that dunno mentioned is good, and you will also need some help from your coach as to the throw on the bar, stopping your feet, rotating your hips, etc. Catching is the first pain, then doing it so it doesn't turn into a dead hang kip is the next! Good luck with it! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back