Help!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok well, today I had a meet that didn't go to well. I started off with my first event which was vault and it went really good, so I thought this would all be just the warm ups, but no it wasn't. Warm ups went perfect so i thought that I would nail everything, but as soon as I got to the 2nd event which was bars everything started to get bad. My skills that I could practically do in my sleep when all wrong. Then for my 3rd event which was floor I kept slipping on my easy skills that I get perfect all the time. I have no idea why everything was happening like this, so I was really nervous for my last event. I put so much presure on myself because I knew I cost my whole team first place. So for my last event which was beam I knew I had to do something that would get me extra points for my team. My hard skill that I rarely ever do was a front tuck off the spring bored on to the beam, and guess what I got the landing perfect!! So I was think that maybe things were about to change on the last event, but oh no. So when I was doing 3 back handsprings across the beam I slipped on my last back handspring a completly lost my balance and fell off the beam. I knew that I had to finish strong, but I wanted to cry so bad. So when I got done with beam I went over to a spot where I could be alone and just cried my heart out. About an hour later they were giving trophes out for team. I was just thinking to myself that I blew this whole thing, but they called my team for 2nd place!! Sure it wasn't 1st, but hey I was really happy for my team. Next they were calling out for individuals. First was floor, I placed 3rd. Second was vault, I placed 1st. Third was Bars, I placed 2nd. Last but not least what beam, I placed 2nd. I thought I must have done some what good if I got a medal at all.

I have to go to another meet on November 30, 2008. I would really love it if you guys wished me good luck. Thank you so much for reading this.

-Erica-​

I'm sorry. Sometimes it happens. Keep in mind it is only meet and there will be more chances.

Triple BHS series on beam is interesting. Do you do one with two feet? Only the first two skills of the same shape count.

im sorry that your meet didnt go so well but just like training, u have bad bays and good days. GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR GYM COMP......AND GUESS WHAT? I have a comp on that day too haha............GOOD luck and tell us how you go xx

Erica -

I am sorry that your meet did not go as well as you had hoped, but you must have done pretty good to place that high on each event.

I will keep you in my thoughts for your next meet.

Just take one meet at a time and at the meet one event at a time. Mostly, enjoy yourself.

I kind of worded it wrong, but at the begining of my beam routine where I do the back handsprings, two of them was where I landed on both of my feet and the last one was where I do a twist in my back handspring and land in an era best. ( its kind of like what Nastia does), but I might be changing some of my routines.

It sounds like you placed well, so I think you should give yourself a little more credit and celebrate. :cool:

My dd competed at a different meet today, against the L6's from your gym, and your team is very well-trained. I know, we were at a similar gym a year ago, before we moved here from out of State. So, what you think is not so great by your own & your gym's standards, is actually, probably pretty awesome. Getting 1st & 2nd on everything definitely helped your team score! Be happy, and work on what you want to improve for your next meet! And good luck! :)

I kind of worded it wrong, but at the begining of my beam routine where I do the back handsprings, two of them was where I landed on both of my feet and the last one was where I do a twist in my back handspring and land in an era best. ( its kind of like what Nastia does), but I might be changing some of my routines.

I see. Well that is a very difficult series and competing it for the first time is a milestone in itself. Don't get too discouraged. Everyone has off days.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you would have liked to . Remember - no one is perfect - mistakes are going to happen. The sooner you learn to shake them off the better off you'll be. Good luck on your next meet.

Aw, Im sorry u didnt do as well as u hoped
But u still did REALLY well!
Maybe u didnt mess up as much as u thought u did, because its really good that u placed so high on all of the events!
Good luck on the next meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back