help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymVamp

Hi im level five and i am going to make up my own ending and i was wondering will they take off points of i move my body like if i move my chest so its on my knee?

Yes, there will be a .2 deduction, plus maybe more if the judge takes an artistry deduction as well.

I suggest a simple ending pose (you are only allowed to move your arms), and put all your effort & energy into the other parts of your routine.

Uh, it wouldn't be a .2 deduction... most likely marked as a text error, but certainly NOT a flat deduction. It also wouldn't be an artistry deduction.

I would take .2 under changing/ omitting a small part- which is believe is .2. Deliberatly changing an ending position is very different than a text error, in my opinion.

An ending position is a pose, and the only problem is that the chest is in the wrong place. How is that any different from having the arms in the wrong spot in other places in the routine? Plus, you always judge to the benefit of the gymnast. I guarantee that every judge in my state would take it as a text error.

Last edited:
oh ok that that makes sense thanks also are you aloud to move your chest if you put it back where it is should be by the time the music is over? and can your put your hand on your leg or back if your chest is straight? and are you aloud to arch?

I'm not a judge, I'm just a gymnast, but I believe that you can put your hands on your back or legs, but I'm not sure about arching. I would suggest, however, to err on the side of caution. Good luck picking your ending!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back