Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gxmxaxt

Gymnast
I’m 16 years old I started gymnastics late. I have a perfect Cartwheel a fast cartwheel a good Pop-up Cartwheel a Dive Cartwheel and a great One-handed Cartwheel but I can’t seem to get an aerial I’m physically capable of doing one in just afraid I’m going to land on my head half way through. I asked my coach for help but all the drills aren’t helping any tips?

I also had problems getting my aerial. I found the best drill is to set up a panel mat and put your foot on the mat for the aerial part. You can run into it but this was the station that got me my aerial. You can also set up a cheese mat and a landing mat on the floor by the thick end and then you can run and do your aerial off of the end. If you are struggling with putting your hands down, hold onto something like a sponge or a beanbag while doing these drills and then work on taking the mats away.

I also had problems getting my aerial. I found the best drill is to set up a panel mat and put your foot on the mat for the aerial part. You can run into it but this was the station that got me my aerial. You can also set up a cheese mat and a landing mat on the floor by the thick end and then you can run and do your aerial off of the end. If you are struggling with putting your hands down, hold onto something like a sponge or a beanbag while doing these drills and then work on taking the mats away.
Thanks so much for the help I will definetly try this thanks so much.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back