Here for my son

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MrWash'sMom

Proud Parent
So last year we signed up my son at our local gymnastics gym, thinking he'd have fun, and that it would be good for him.
But he is AWESOME! (if I do say so myself)
The problem is that the gym set up for girls gymnastics. They have no male gymnastic equipment anywhere. There are plenty of boys in the lower levels, but they don't push them or have any competition. I just feel like they're focus is more on the girls and the boys get left behind because in their system, the boys don't have much of a future there anyway. The coaches as well as the other parents seem cavelier about the whole thing.
Yes I want my son to have fun. I also want him to have confidence in his ability and excel as much as he would given a fair chance.

So that is why I am here. To find a great gym, where ever it may be, that can help my son reach his potential.

I also have a daughter that just started this year in the tots. I am not too worried about her because I know there are great gyms for girls all over the country. So I'm sure that wherever we find a good gym for my son, there will be a place for her as well.

Thanks for reading my ramble.

Ask your gym for recommendations to a local gym that has a boy's team. Our gym only has team for girls, but they happily refer interested boys to 2 local (within 30 minutes) gyms that have boy's programs. Which gym they refer the boys to depends on their ability and goals. They have a great relationship with these gyms so the transition is smooth.

Welcome to CB and to the crazy sport of gymnastics!!

Most states have a USAG website where you can see what gyms have boys' teams and what levels. You can also PM people and we can help you if we know where you are. Boys' gym is a small community, and we know each other well. i woudl be happy to help you out if you want to pm me :)

Hopefully you will find a gym for both your kiddos, but many times, you will find one gym for one, and one for the other. It is very common.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back