Here's my background

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello everyone. Here is my background:
I have been doing gymnastics ever since I was little. Gymnastics has been my whole life. I loved every part of it from the friends, coaches, blood, sweat, chalk and the occasional tear to the excitement of learning a new skill. I loved being in the gym for hours and always being busy. It was my dream when I was younger to go to the Olympics, I mean what little girls dream isn't.
A few years ago I had to quit because I had to wear a back brace. It was not fun. It ruined my slim chance at the Olympics. I was so upset because I couldn't do the one thing in life that I loved. Now that my brace is off I'm back to training again. I'm back to the most amazing sport ever. I have learned one thing from this and that is to never take anything for granted. One injury can cause you to never step foot in the gym again. I hope that all of you are enjoying having gymnastics be a part of your life whether it be as a gymnast, coach, parent or spectator.

Glad to hear you're back to training! :) may I ask what happened to your back? If you don't want to elaborate that's fine too.

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app :)

Thanks. I didn't injure it during gymnastics but if I didn't wear my brace then I would have to have surgery and be out of gymnastics for good.

That's awful! I'm so glad you're healed now! Best of luck :)

Sent from my iPod touch using ChalkBucket mobile app :)

That is amazing that you are back in training and on ChalkBucket! You go girl! :p

How old are you now and what level? And I'm sorry for your back:( did you still condition while you were out and come in the gym occasionally to do like splits and flexibility(NOT back flexibility)???

I'm 15 and I just started back up from my injury. I don't have all the skills necessary for level yet. I'm taking classes to get back my skills that I lost. I came to meets but I didn't really go into the gym other then that. It was hard enough for me to go to a meet and not compete. I couldn't do splits because my brace came down to far so I couldn't move my hips really. I did do cartwheels and handstands occasionally and the stuff you can do with a straight back but even doing those hurt a lot so I basically did no gymnastics for 3 years.

Oh. I'm sorry. I HATE INJURYS!! But I love them because then you can get away from the sport and realize how much you love it. Thinking about collage gymnastics?

Me too. I want to do college gymnastics so bad but I don't know if I will have all my skills back in time for college. If I don't I want to be a coach. I don't want to leave this sport yet, I'm not ready!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back