Hey! Hey! New adult gymnast :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello everyone! My name is Maegan and I am 24 years old. Since I could walk I have been a competitive cheerleader and dancer, and now at 24, I am pursuing my dream of being a gymnast! I stumbled upon this site when searching online to see about other adults doing gymnastics, and it felt great to know that I wasn't alone!! :)

I started about a month ago training with a coach privately at my gym. When preparing myself for college cheerleading I used to workout with the gymnastics team at my gym, mostly because they inspired me to be better and because I secretly wanted to do what they did. We were all good friends and occasionally I would attempt skills on beam, bars and vault but I usually just ended up doing something stupid and laughing it off. I figured cheerleading and dance was where I belonged! But still, I watched in awe and wished that I would've been put in gymnastics early on. I watched the torch being carried to the 96 games and the Magnificent Seven win gold. I wanted to be just like Dominique Moceanu. Throughout the years I have been glued to all things gymnastics and once my cheer and dance careers became more of a recreational thing, I wanted to do more. I called my old coach and asked if he would help me learn, and here I am! Ripped hands and bruised to the core but I feel better than ever. Each little step makes a world of difference to me and I am so happy to know that I can have support from people just like me doing the same things. :)

I look forward to meeting everyone and chatting and supporting one another! Thanks for having this great community and resource.

-Maegan

Welcome to CB! There is lots to learn about this crazy sport. Have fun and be sure to post your progress in the adult, "this week I accomplished " thread. Those of us who support gymnasts love to read about adults making progress and with your background you will be flying in no time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back