P

Piper

Hey, im Piper.
I started gymnastics this summer.
So im new to the whole gym world,
I've always wanted to be a gymnast
but never got round to joining a gym..
since I was always moving around but
now we have settled and I can finaly....
commit to a gym any tips for starting out
or things I should look for? Any way; Hello.

Hey there! First of all, how old are you?
Simple things you can do just starting out are stretching at home-straddles, pikes, splits, maybe bridges?

When you're looking for a gym, you should find somewhere you are comfortable with. Try out a whole bunch. Also, look at the commitment requirements as far as cost and time to see what works best with your schedule.

Best of luck!

Hi Piper,

Im new to this forum too! But I wanted to Welcome you and tell you that it is AWESOME that you can get to do what you have wanted to do for a while!!

Hope everything goes well and GOOD LUCK!!

:)

Hi Piper,
Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome to the CB! Congrats on being able to finally do something you've always wanted to do. Good luck finding a gym that will get you started. I am afraid I don't know too much about gym selection. I put my daughter in one located closest to our house not even a mile away. We are very happy there and she's been there for over 3 years now & loves it. Some people like to shop around for a gym though. Maybe have your parents bring you to a couple different ones to check them out. Some gyms will even let you try a class. Referrals work great too! Do you know anyone that goes to a gym in your area? If you've just moved recently, maybe when you get into school you can ask around, might be a great ice-breaker! Keep us posted & my only skill advice is handstands, handstands, handstands!

Hey there! First of all, how old are you?
Simple things you can do just starting out are stretching at home-straddles, pikes, splits, maybe bridges?

When you're looking for a gym, you should find somewhere you are comfortable with. Try out a whole bunch. Also, look at the commitment requirements as far as cost and time to see what works best with your schedule.

Best of luck!
I was 13 two days ago!

Hi Piper,
Just wanted to say "hi" and welcome to the CB! Congrats on being able to finally do something you've always wanted to do. Good luck finding a gym that will get you started. I am afraid I don't know too much about gym selection. I put my daughter in one located closest to our house not even a mile away. We are very happy there and she's been there for over 3 years now & loves it. Some people like to shop around for a gym though. Maybe have your parents bring you to a couple different ones to check them out. Some gyms will even let you try a class. Referrals work great too! Do you know anyone that goes to a gym in your area? If you've just moved recently, maybe when you get into school you can ask around, might be a great ice-breaker! Keep us posted & my only skill advice is handstands, handstands, handstands!
Yes my dad retierd from the army so we have finaly settled!
And thanx for the advise Im quite good at hand stands since
in all the play grounds when I was small we did the handstand
queen and whoever could do the handstand the longest was
the Queen! So i'm quite good at them so lol.

Oh and thanx everyone for the wonderful and heartwarming welcomes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back