heyy everyone :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

my name is chelsea. i live in norcal and was a gymnast for 13 years at Byers in Sacramento. i was training to complete level 9 when i quit. i coached for a while but am currently focusing on my studies :)

Welcome, Chelsea! We used to live in NorCal, and are quite familiar w/ your gym (we were in the East Bay/SF Bay Area). My dd competed L4 and two L5 seasons in NorCal before we moved to FL last year, where she competed L6. Now we are in Texas. Long, boring story!

Anyway, glad to have you here! What are you doing in your spare time now? :)

Welcome, Chelsea! We used to live in NorCal, and are quite familiar w/ your gym (we were in the East Bay/SF Bay Area). My dd competed L4 and two L5 seasons in NorCal before we moved to FL last year, where she competed L6. Now we are in Texas. Long, boring story!

Anyway, glad to have you here! What are you doing in your spare time now? :)

what gym in the bay? and what part of texas? (i have some friends and family there)

i did track (pole vaulting, triple jump & long jump) and then decided to dance which i love and have been doing for the past three years. its not gymnastics but it suffices. lol

That is so neat that you did track! I was suggesting that to my dd to try (she is currently on a break from gym) but she is not interested...So many gymnasts here on CB seem to be into that sport. And dance is a great thing to involved with. I did that for several years and loved it. We're glas you're here!

That is so neat that you did track! I was suggesting that to my dd to try (she is currently on a break from gym) but she is not interested...So many gymnasts here on CB seem to be into that sport. And dance is a great thing to involved with. I did that for several years and loved it. We're glas you're here!

i would definitely recommend track. especially pole vault. it came so naturally to me because as gymnasts we automatically have great air awareness and arent scared to go up high in the air. something else you might want to suggest to her is diving. ive never personally done it but i know many of my ex-gymnast friends who have and absolutely LOVE it. not as demanding time wise, way less pounding on your body, but still get the adrenaline rush of flipping!

Welcome Chelsea!
To put my two cents in diving scared me sooo much! I tried it when I quit gymnastics for about two months but it was just sooo different than gym so I went back to gym lol. It just wasn't my piece of cake. Track on the other was alot of fun. I pole vaulted and did long and high jump before I hurts my knees in gym but I loved it.

Thats so cool that you did track ! What kind of dance do you do ?

pretty much everything besides ballet. lol it became my passion after having to quit gymnastics. ive done modern, jazz, contemporary, african, hip hop. but hip hop is DEFiNiTELY my favorite.. by far!! :jump:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back