Hi all.. new member intro

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sco74s

Gymnast
Hi all,

I'm new to gymnastics (27 years old), but have always wanted to try it.

Currently setting myself a target to learn how to do a handstand - I've mastered the headstand, so thought it would be a natural progression(?).

I have had a quick look for any tips on here, but couldn't find one (not sure if I'm looking in the right place?), so will ask for help shortly.

I'm making a video diary so will post that once I have done it for a couple of weeks :)

Cheers,
Harry

A handstand needs strength and tightness. Try it with a spot or wall first. When you do it on your own, make sure how to bail out if you kick up too hard and fall over (roll out, bridge out if you can, other ways as well). The once you get the concept, you can improve form, time you can hold etc.

Good luck starting! Not many adults are brave enough for that!

Hi Jard, thanks for the tips. I'm starting against a wall, so still have to learn how to roll out. Hardest thing so far is the pressure on my wrists - I'm clearly not as flexible as I need to be :/

Hi Jard, thanks for the tips. I'm starting against a wall, so still have to learn how to roll out. Hardest thing so far is the pressure on my wrists - I'm clearly not as flexible as I need to be :/
That might be a strength issue as well, rice bucket exercises can help. Be careful, wrists are fragile!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back