Hi! (and a few questions?)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! I'm a 14 year old girl (well, not quite, but in a week) and I've been fascinated with gymnastics for a couple of years now. I finally decided I want to be a gymnast. I am recovering from a concussion, but I've already contacted a gym, becasue I want to start training as soon as I can.
I really want to be apart of a competitive team. However, due to my age and lack of experience, I'm not sure if I'll be able to. :confused: I know that gymnastics is extremely difficult and learning skills, especially at my age, could be a real challenge. Do you think I can do it? I think I can, maybe. Everyone else just started so young and has so much experience already when I can't even do a cartwheel. I'm afraid to.

Anyway, even if I don't make a competitive team, I still want to be the best I can be and I am willing to work through my fears, give it my best, and stay dedicated.

Thanks. :)

Give it a go! What's stopping you?! I am telling you know if you don't try you will regret never trying! and as for the competitive team I think you could do it, I only started 2 years ago and am level 6 (I did do it while i was little though) but I still think you can do it :)

You should absolutely give it a try. If you put in the effort, you can definitely do it. Find coaches you can trust and trust them when they tell you you can do it. You can also try out for your school team. That can also be equally rewarding. There truly is no harm in trying. You are still young. You can do anything.

I'm sure you can do it :) if you put your mind to it then you can do almost anything, but for you its easy to get a chance in competetive, as for me im 3 months away from 18 and so won't get the chance :/ but recreational gymnastics is ok lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back