Hi Everyone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi my name is Angie. I've been coming to this site for awhile, but this is the first time I've posted anything. I really like this website it's chalk full of useful information. I just got a new job coaching gymnastics full time at a gym in Maple Grove, Minnesota. I am a former competitive gymnast at the club, high school, and college levels. Gymnastics has been my life for as long as I can remember and I intend to keep it that way. I love the sport and everything about it. I hope to interact a lot more with all you people who also enjoy the Chalk Bucket!

Welcome to the site...congratulations on your new job. Keep posting, we need more coaches on the site.

Full-time coach... lucky.

My gym doesn't have ANY fulltime coaches.

Full-time coaching positions are getting harder and harder to come by. Many gyms are putting full-time coaches into crazy schedules (6 or 7 days a week + split shifts).

Many coaches just aren't willing to do what it takes to get the job, either. Full-time coaches should always be ready for anything: coaching, b-days, parents night out, maintenance and repair, cleaning, meets, etc. We usually hire a coach part-time and see if they are really willing to do all of this, then we put them on full-time.

Our gym used to have around 16 full-time positions between the 2 facilities. We are now down to half of that. As coaches have left over the last 5 years, we just keep hiring really good part-time coaches to take their spot. We have less wasted hours around the gym, so overall, the gym is more profitable. The average hourly wage of coaches around the gym is much higher than in used to be.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back