Hi from Kansas!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

salinamom

Hi everyone! I recently heard about this site and I have to say that so far it seems just wonderful! Everyone seems so nice and inviting, I could see myself hanging around for sure.

My daughter has been in gymnastics for a couple of years now but I have to confess that I still don't know very much about the sport myself. I feel almost guilty when I see that so many of you really seem to know what you're talking about, and I'm still learning at every meet! I'm sure I'll continue figuring things out - at least I hope so!

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to meeting you!

~sandy

Welcome! You'll learn a lot about gymnastics from here for sure. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask and someone is guaranteed to have an answer.

How old is your DD and what level is she at?

Welcome to CB - looking forward to hearing about your DD's meets.

My DD is 8 and finishing up level 3 in three weeks.

Hello, Does your dd go to X-treme or YMCA in salina? I am from Colby so we compete with both gyms. Just wanted to let you know you weren't alone in Kansas!
Katrina

Welcome :) Everyone on here is very helpful, so anything you are unsure about with your dd's gymnastics - ask away :D

Welcome.You will learn alot over the years.When my daughter had her first meet I had to ask the coach what the abreviations like FX(Floorexcercise),BB(Balance Beam) etc means.LOL.

My daughter has been in gymnastics for a couple of years now but I have to confess that I still don't know very much about the sport myself. I feel almost guilty when I see that so many of you really seem to know what you're talking about, and I'm still learning at every meet! I'm sure I'll continue figuring things out - at least I hope so!

+1

I still have no clue what a KIP is, or even looks like. I get thought the day by simply referring to named movements as "that flippy thing you do on the bar". :D

Your among friends. What the heck do us parents know anyway?

A favorite quote (paraphrasing):

"When I was a lad of 13, I was really discusted with my parents lack of understand on how things worked in the world. It wasn't until I was 20 that I really came to respect how much they learned in those 7 short years" - Mark Twain.

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket!

I have found this site to be very helpful! My DD is 13 and a Level 8. I dont know how I would have gotten through this past year without my CB Friends!

Just let me know if you have any questions!

Wow, what a wonderful reception! Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to start sharing pictures and stories!

My DD is 9 and she is a level 5. Katrina, that is so funny that you are from Colby - sometimes I swear we're all alone here in Kansas! She goes to X-Treme and she loves it.

Thanks again everyone!! I'm going to try to figure out how to put up pictures now...wish me luck! :)

Wow, what a wonderful reception! Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to start sharing pictures and stories!

My DD is 9 and she is a level 5. Katrina, that is so funny that you are from Colby - sometimes I swear we're all alone here in Kansas! She goes to X-Treme and she loves it.

Thanks again everyone!! I'm going to try to figure out how to put up pictures now...wish me luck! :)

Hey Salinamom,

Welcome.

To put up pictures begin with creating an album, which you can do from your user CP (top left corner) it is very simple. After that you can embed them in your threads by clicking on the little yellow icon of a sun and mountians above the box where you type your reply.

If you need more help, give me a shout.

Bog

Weclome to the crazy wacky world we all enjoy here. I live in a neighboring state(CO) and have a 12yo competing at L8.

Yay I got my first picture to work! Now I have to start organizing all the ones I have on my hard drive!

Welcome to the group:)
My daughter competes in Kansas too:)
We competed for McCracken's for 2 years and now will be competing level 5 for KC Elite:) this year;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back