Hi--gymn mom here...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

amylouwho

Hi. I am new here so I thought I'd introduce myself...I am Amy. I have a L3 daughter who is 7. She just had her first meet this past Saturday and did fairly well, at least I think.

She was nervous and rushed through her floor and bars...LOL...her vault, well, it needs improvement...but it'll happen...and beam (which is usually her least fav) she did the best with.

Here are her numbers...feedback is great, if you have any.....btw, she's a very small 7 year old, 2nd grader...45 pounds of muscle and as slim as a rail. ha ha.

Vault 8.550 Bars 8.400 Beam 9.150 Floor 8.500 AA 34.600
13T 10 3T 16 11/18

I'm proud of her...and we look forward to our next meet in 3 weeks. She loves gymnastics...She is, well, I wouldn't say obsessed, but yeah....she breathes it in all she does. She has been going since she was 2...and it's now nothing short of her passion...

Well, that's us...I also have a 9 year old son and a 5 year old daughter. They are into soccer.....

Thanks for reading and for your comments (if any). Have a wonderful day!!!

Welcome to thte Chlakbucket. YOu'll fit right here as we have many, many parents of gymnasts who just love gym.

My gymmies are 10 and 13.

Welcome,nice to meet you.Great job to your daughter on her meet.Those are pretty good scores for her first meet.She will probably get more confidence with each meet and do fabulous at the end of season.
I have a 12 year old daughter that's a second year Level 9.She has her first meet (it's a practice meet) this Friday.
I also have 2 other kids that used to do soccer when they were younger.

Sounds great for a first meet. I think my DD's first L3 meet AA may have been around 29 !!

My DD is 9 and just had her L4 State Mert this past Saturday. She is now working on her Rookie 2 routines for Prep Op starting in January. Then, if all goes well L5 in September. If the Kip Fairy doesn't show up the it's L4 again : )

welcome to CB !!

Welcome to CB. I have a 10 year old L5 that lives and breathes gymnastics. I love to watch all the girls that just seem to love it, even with all the hard work.

Hi!!
My 5 yo DD is just a beginner.
I'm interested that your younger DD followed her brother not sister.
I'll be secretly surprised if my 2 y/o ends up being a gymmie because she's really not one bit fond of heights (I forsee a slight problem ;)), whereas her sister has always been such a a daredevil. On the other hand - she just follows big sister around and wants to do whatever she's doing so it will be interesting to see ...

Thanks everyone for your warm reception!

Happyfacetwin- my 5 year old and 7 year old are the same size. They both wear 6x and weigh appox 45 lbs. My younger DD has more struggles being larger...not overweight, just tall for her age (turned 5 last month) and abit clumsy...She does take gymnastics in a girls 5-8 year old (1 hour) class..but she doesn't have the drive or desire at this point to do anything but go once a week. But it gives her something to do while she waits for big sis who is at the gym at the same time.

Hunde2-- level 9---that's great!!!

gymmomntc2e6-- Our (L3s) season just kicked off. The other levels have had a few meets already. We will go through March...girls move up in April, should they meet the requirements...Right now it's just a week at a time...Not focusing there. If it happens, wonderful, if not...that's okay too. She's on track.

Good luck to you all...and your gymnasts in the upcoming meets.

Thanks again for the comments. Have a terrific day!!!

Welcome to CB! It is awesome to see another mom in SC!

My DD is a 7 year old Level 4. She is in 1st grade and is also small at 45 pounds too. She is unfortunately vertically challenged like her father and I - LOL.

I look forward to hearing more about upcoming meets!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back