Hi

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

Gymchic

Hi, I'm a level 9 gymnast from Oregon. I started gym when I was 7 and am now 15. It's been a long, bumpy journey and sometimes I've though of giving up, but I've found it's one of the most valuable lessons of my life to keep going. If you stick it out through the hard times, the fun ones are sure to come. I hope to find gymnastics in my future and I know all my hard work will pay off in some way. Well thanks for reading!

It's been a long, bumpy journey and sometimes I've though of giving up, but I've found it's one of the most valuable lessons of my life to keep going. If you stick it out through the hard times, the fun ones are sure to come. I hope to find gymnastics in my future and I know all my hard work will pay off in some way. Well thanks for reading!

Welcome, Gymchic! You are quite the wise young lady, I just love what you said here. Mind if I share it w/ my dd (daughter) sometime? :p She is 12 yrs old and a Level 6. She's been thru quitting jags before, and then has been so thankful that she didn't quit, when she got thru them. Makes it hard for a mom sometimes. I dont' want to push, but I also can see the other side of the struggle, and know she is going to love it again! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I know you will love it here. I think we have several other higher-level young ladies like yourself that you will enjoy chatting with! And I hope you enjoy us parents as well! :D

Welcome:)!! I too am from Oregon! You sound like a very together girl - you have to be to get to level 9;)! What you say is so true, but so hard to realize during the tought times. Thumbs up for sticking it out:D! I have a 10 year old daughter who is level 4, working on level 5. She has been in gymnastics for 3 years. It is still early in her gymnastics experience, but so far she has not ever mentioned doing anything other than gymnastics! There are alot of upper level gymnasts on this site that I'm sure you'll get to know, and us parents aren't so bad either:rolleyes:! Have fun!!

Welcome to CB - you are very smart indeed. Not many will realize the lessons they learned while still in the process.

Good luck with your gymnastic career - whatever it may hold for you.

Thanks for the enlightening post.. my DD is an 13 year old, 1st year L8 gymnast. I thinks that L7 to L8 year is tough.. It helps her to know that others have struggled along for the way.. she feels more normal.

I wish you the best of luck in your L9 year!

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket!

Welcome! :) I also have to add that's a very enlightened post. :) It sounds cliche but the journey is many times far more important than the goal, not to say the goal isn't valuable, and it can be better than the journey, but the only thing one can ever be sure of is they have the journey. So whatever you can get out of it is great. Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy, so it should be a relief when there are hard times. :) Kudos for thinking things through and fighting through the struggles. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back