Hi!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
I am the mother of 2 kiddos - 5 & 2. My 5yo is currently a L3 artistic gymnast - and will be next year due to the changing requirements! We actually have our first meet on Jan 13! She's a little nervous about all the kids that will be there, but hey, it's a learning experience. Right?!?!
She's a pretty athletic kid who also enjoys swimming, soccer, and soon to be softball.

My 2yo son is currently rocking the Mommy & Me II gymnastics class (oh, yeah, we're a Level 2, Mommy and Me duo). He's dying to try soccer, but 2yo soccer practice seems a bit silly to me. So, he gets to practice with the big girls, when they let him.

I'm totally new to the gymnastics world. Well, besides starting Mommy & Me with my oldest, about 4 years ago. I occasionally have to google or youtube terms like "glide kip" or "front hip circle". And I have about 3 billion questions about everything.

I promise I am not a "crazy gym mom" (or CGM - yes, picking up the acronyms already). But I am HUGE on needing to know every aspect of everything. I love researching. So, where it may look like I am psychotic and that I need to "tone it down a notch", I'm just looking for information. Not trying to find a way for my kid to win. I don't care where she places (okay maybe a little), but if she's not having fun ...... I'm wasting both of our time and lots of my money!!!

I am the mother of 2 kiddos - 5 & 2. My 5yo is currently a L3 artistic gymnast - and will be next year due to the changing requirements! We actually have our first meet on Jan 13! She's a little nervous about all the kids that will be there, but hey, it's a learning experience. Right?!?!
She's a pretty athletic kid who also enjoys swimming, soccer, and soon to be softball.

My 2yo son is currently rocking the Mommy & Me II gymnastics class (oh, yeah, we're a Level 2, Mommy and Me duo). He's dying to try soccer, but 2yo soccer practice seems a bit silly to me. So, he gets to practice with the big girls, when they let him.

I'm totally new to the gymnastics world. Well, besides starting Mommy & Me with my oldest, about 4 years ago. I occasionally have to google or youtube terms like "glide kip" or "front hip circle". And I have about 3 billion questions about everything.

I promise I am not a "crazy gym mom" (or CGM - yes, picking up the acronyms already). But I am HUGE on needing to know every aspect of everything. I love researching. So, where it may look like I am psychotic and that I need to "tone it down a notch", I'm just looking for information. Not trying to find a way for my kid to win. I don't care where she places (okay maybe a little), but if she's not having fun ...... I'm wasting both of our time and lots of my money!!!

Welcome :). I'm the same way with researching my L3 DD's stuff, I'm new to gymnastics too (and share your sentiments re:having fun-- right now she eats sleeps and breathes gym by her choice)-- YouTube is my friend :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back