High Hopes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey all.

I've been interested in doing gymnastics for years, but injuries from other sports has prevented me from doing so until recently.

I'm going to be 17 in a couple of weeks(I feel old). I started Gymnastics about a year ago. Focusing mainly on getting in shape.

After a few months of 'just getting in shape' I started practicing with the competitive team. I'm progressing quickly, but not as quickly as I would like. Right now I am competing at level 6 almost 7.

I'm 6' and 150lbs. A big guy.

Some of my hopes are a bit far fetched, such as becoming an elite. Even competing in college seems a bit far, but I'm willing to try. :)

Good for you. We have quite a few adult beginner gymnasts here. Join the adult group in your user CP and post away. You will get lots of great advice here.

We have a greta guy from Hawaii here called Sasquatch, you and he would have some great ideas to share as you are in the same mental space.

Nice to have you on board.

Hey. I'm glad you're enjoying gymnastics. I'm 17 too, but I just quit. I understand what it's like to have high hopes though. I've been pole vaulting for only two seasons, but there's nothing I want more than to be able to compete at the college level. Best of luck!

Welcome! I'm a guy about your age, and I just started doing tumbling last summer. I'm lovin it so far! Definitely give gym a try if you want and follow your dreams.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back