High School Code Of Points

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

FlipTwistFly28

I'm a fresman this year and will be starting gymnastics at my high school.. I was on a website and found this years code of points but I don't really want to go and buy it if I don't have to so I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get one without buying it. ( I think its the 2009- 2011 or something) Thanks! :)

Rules for highschool gymnastics are completely different from state to state.

Make sure you're getting the right rules.

(not really an answer to your question, just a tangetial piece of advice)

Last edited:
I would ask your coach. I've actually never seen the rules online anywhere. Rules can vary by state - some use Level 9 rules (there may be some modifications) and some use the NHSF (National High School Federation) rules which are approximately equivalent to Level 9 in terms of difficulty. Your info says you're in Wisconsin which uses the NHSF rules.

Rules are not changing this year so the rules you found online are probably accurate. There are a few updates from last year, a link to them is in the middle of this page: Welcome to the Minnesota State High School League The biggest change is a yurchenko vault can flip and twist in the postflight.

I judge NHSF so if you have any specific questions, let me know.

Thank you both! I'm going to ask my coach at my open gym tomarrow night. Where do you judge?

I'm living and judging in Minnesota, but I competed and coached high school in Wisconsin.

CORRECTION: There is a new rule book this year. The nice thing about high school is that rules don't change significantly year-to-year. There's a 1-2 page list of changes and clarifications published every year and then new books are printed every two years so they don't get too out-of-date. So I read the list of changes for next year and assumed that was it and no new books this year.

Just wanted to clarify my previous comments, but if you've already gotten access to last year's book, it's nearly all identical to the new rule book.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back