High school gymnastics and club levels?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How do the high school gymnastics levels equate to club levels?

Medium = level 5

Superior = level 6

High Superior = level 7

Bonus High Superior = level 8

Does this sound right?

in my high school, we just have whatever is the equivalence of a level 9 program for high school gymastics

I thought the medium, superior etc. corresponded to skills. Like a medium is a B, superior a C or something like that.

in my high school, we just have whatever is the equivalence of a level 9 program for high school gymastics

the high school that my DD would attend when she is old enough would require at least to be at the optional level. Most however are at least a Level 8 getting ready for L9 or better - most gymnasts here that are in High school usually are at the level 9 ability when they enter high school and want to be on team anyway.

I think high school gymnastics depends a lot on the state and such. If you list skills, I am sure coaches could give you a better equivlent.

Thats about right, I havent been in club for years, but im about level 7 and I like go to state (they only take top 2 on each event from our district) so yah thats how it pretty much is, but at state its like almost all "high superiors" I guess

I thought the medium, superior etc. corresponded to skills. Like a medium is a B, superior a C or something like that.

Yeah, in one of the commonly used systems, they are skill ratings. I wouldn't say they correspond all that well to the USAG code, they do I guess in a sense but since connection rules and value part requirements are so different, I honestly never even thought about it that way until now.

There aren't really levels in high school gymnastics, although some places have JV and varsity competitions (seems pretty unusual though). Everyone generally competes under the same rules/requirements.

Thats right, the medium superior... correspond to the skill levels. One thing that i noticed that was different, is that the jumps are ranked a lot higher in USAG. I don't remember what it was that i was looking at the other day, i think it was a straddle jump on beam. In usag, its a C. In highschool, its a medium or superior. It was something like that anyways that really surprised me. I didn't compete high school, but i competed MAGA which uses the high school skill rank thing.

I don't remember what it was that i was looking at the other day, i think it was a straddle jump on beam. In usag, its a C. In highschool, its a medium or superior.

Straddle jump on beam got downgraded to a B for the next quad. It's a C if it is 1/4 turn straddle jump (landing sideways on beam), or done sideways on beam. If it's done facing lengthwise, it is a B. FYI, not that it really matters.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back