high school gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

okay well this is my first year of gymnastics so i'm a little lost. i understand on every event you need 4 medium skills, 3 superior, 1 high superior, and you can add bonus superior to bump up your score. but i have a few questions for beam. i believe a dive cartwheel is a superior and counts as a flight element, but how high does it have to be to "count"? And do you need a jump combination on beam? like i've seen a lot of people on youtube do two jumps in a row. also does this consist of everything i need? i have:
-mount (medium)
-full turn (medium)
-switch leap (high superior)
-wolf jump (superior?) + split jump
-bwo bwo (2 mediums)
-dive cartwheel (superior)
-front tuck dismount (superior)

thank you so much! :)

I'm new to the world of HS gymnastics so I'm not totally sure of all the details just yet, but I'll help where I can. I also don't have my rule book with me at the moment, so can't look things up.
You do need a dance series of 2 jumps/leaps in different shapes. So your wolf jump+split jump would work. Wolf and split jump are both superiors provided you show 180 degree split in the split jump.
You also need a dance-acro series which it does not appear you have. So that would be a gym skill+jump/leap/turn or vice versa.
The dive cartwheel is subjective, but the general guideline I've heard is that it needs to show flight, so a time when no hands/feet are on the beam. I'm not totally sure if it's a medium or superior though.
Otherwise the routine looks pretty good. But I'm sure someone else with more experience can provide more details.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back