Hip Injuries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My hip has been hurting on and off. I hurt it again today on the trampoline. It hurts to but it behind me or out to the side. I can't rotate it outward either. Has anyone else hurt their hip from gymnastics? Most of the people on my team have hurt their knees or ankles, but I don't think anyone has hurt their hip. I don't know what causes it, It just starts hurting sometimes when I workout.

Hard to say for sure what is causing the hip pain, but it may be your hip flexor. Commonly tight in gymnasts. My daughter had some of that in the past and would hurt with stretching the quad or front of the hip and when she externally rotated it. She had some "popping" sound with it as well when she did straddle kip.

I have a back ground in physical therapy and I would recommend you get it checked out if it continues.

Go to the Doctor. We cannot give you medical advice unfotunately.

My DD had a very sore hip last year, she ended up being diagnosed with mild scoliosis that puts her hips out of alignment and also time IB bands on the thigh.

Every case is different, you need to get it looked at, don't keep training on the pain.

I have a really bad hip from gymnastics. It started about 6 months ago when i did a wonky forwards walkover and my hip popped. Now it does it all the time usually when i lift my leg in any direction (but it's worse forwards) and it pops on the way back down. It's not just a pop either, it's more of a huge thud! It only hurts though if i pop it more than once so if i'm doing something that causes it to happen then i'll stop, and lately i dont have that many problems with it. If it gets particuarly bad, a week off fixes it! I used to be in absolute agony with it though. I don't get pain anymore though, just the annoying thud!

Oh, I know I have scoliosis. I've had it since middle school. If my hip doesn't stop hurting I'll probably get it x-rayed in a few weeks because of the popping.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back