Hiya :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Copelscope

Proud Parent
Hi everyone :) I've been reading for a bit, and realized I hadn't introduced myself yet :)

I'm a mama of 4, ages 2, 5, 6 and 8 (the bottom 3 are all boys) :) DD (8) has been obsessed with gymnastics since learning a cartwheel a year ago, and is currently in a level 3 rec program with aspirations for team (her coaches expect her to be ready next summer-ish based on her current skill set and progression rate-- bars are her nemesis, she has all the level 4 skills except a consistent pullover of all things lol!).

Gym has been a huge learning curve for me on the mama side of things (youtube is my friend when she talks about skills she's working on!), and reading here has been super helpful (the last thing I ever want is to be a crazy gym mom!)! DD would be in the gym 24/7 if we let her (we have to tell her to take it easy on the conditioning at home and laid out ground rules re: practicing skills to avoid injury or bad habits), but we love that she's found something to be so passionate about (even if it means most of our conversations with her are while she's upside down holding handstands against the wall in our family room)!

6yo DS is also in a rec program (beginners), but DH and I are hoping he continues for a while since it's at the very least a great foundation for coordination and strength to help wherever he finds his passion athletically :) 5yo DS has no interest in gym, and the 2yo remains to be seen (although our little climbing monkey can do a great level 4 beam dismount off our couch lol!)

Welcome! I am also the mommy to three boys and one girl (so I can feel your pain, lol-jk) Only my oldest ds is not a gymmie. He's a guitar/art nut. My youngest ds (6) doesn't compete and doesn't want to , but my ds11 and dd9 LIVE in the gym. Competition season starts in two weeks for us so it will be a very busy three months.
There's a wealth of info here and very knowledgeable coaches and parents willing to explain things and give advice, so enjoy! And good luck to your dd making team!

Welcome to the Chalk Bucket! I have two DDs, the 11 yr old does rec trampolining, the 9 yr old is a competitive gymnast, she was supposed to compete step 4 last season but an injury kept her out. It's great that your DD is so keen! My DD loves gymnastics but not to the point of wanting to do extra conditioning at home, LOL!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back