Parents Holding my breath!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flyaway

Proud Parent
dd came home last night and announced that she did her ROBHS on floor by herself! Is the block broken?! Oh please let it be! For those that haven't followed, dd suddenly blocked on connecting a BHS to anything about 3 months ago, after 5 years of competing all variations of compulsory backwards tumbling. It has been a long, heartbreaking 3 months. She has struggled through wondering if she should just quit (her words, not mine), feeling embarrassed about going back to basics when little girls who barely stand up to her waist are throwing BHS all the way down the floor, not feeling super supported by her coaches, etc. She been talking with Stacey Herman once a week for a few weeks (I HIGHLY recommend her!) and I strongly feel that hearing someone besides mom tell her that SHE is not the problem has made all the difference.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed that she can continue her forward momentum! Thanks for celebrating with me. I am SO proud of my munchkin - beyond the BHS - the perseverance and grit she has shown is going to take her far in life. As much as this season has sucked, it's moments of personal victory like this that make me fall in love with the sport of gymnastics all over again.

Good for her! Always good to hear about kids fighting through the blocks. Well done to you also for not losing your sanity ;)

This is great to hear! My DD has recently developed the same block, bhs on floor connected to anything, POOF! gone, after she broke her finger on a bhs on the beam. She recently competed a bhs full lo on floor at a competition, and floor is her strongest event, so this has been heartbreaking for her. She can do it if her coach coaxes her for 10 minutes and stands right there, but my formerly fearless back-tumbler says it just doesn't feel right. I'm gonna look into this Stacy Herman person! Should I just google?

This is great to hear! My DD has recently developed the same block, bhs on floor connected to anything, POOF! gone, after she broke her finger on a bhs on the beam. She recently competed a bhs full lo on floor at a competition, and floor is her strongest event, so this has been heartbreaking for her. She can do it if her coach coaxes her for 10 minutes and stands right there, but my formerly fearless back-tumbler says it just doesn't feel right. I'm gonna look into this Stacy Herman person! Should I just google?

I'll send you a pm about Stacey. I'm so sorry your dd is going through this too. ((hugs))

Keep your fingers and toes crossed that she can continue her forward momentum! Thanks for celebrating with me. I am SO proud of my munchkin - beyond the BHS - the perseverance and grit she has shown is going to take her far in life. As much as this season has sucked, it's moments of personal victory like this that make me fall in love with the sport of gymnastics all over again.

This right here is what it's all about. These lessons and victories are why we let our kids talk us into allowing them to participate in this crazy, all-consuming, expensive, and often heartbreaking sport. Congratulations to your daughter, and to you. She is one determined young woman.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back