Holy Handspring, Batman!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Last night, my little one (a couple of months removed from training and competing Level 3) nailed a RO-BHS with such a big rebound that she may have been able to hit a second BHS. She had the biggest smile while one of her coaches showed me the video.

It is soooo fun watching her progress.

It's also fun watching her struggle. The Level 4 dismount on bars is still giving her trouble. Crossing my fingers that that's her next big accomplishment!

Thanks, MM! Gymnastics is such an interesting journey for both the gymnast and their family.

I'm actually looking forward to the anticipated struggles of being a first year Level 4. Level 3 came really easy for her. Now that she's doing more complex skills and competing against many girls who have already competed Level 4 last season, we'll get to see her work through the difficulty of not being near the top and having to take more from her experience than being on the podium. It'll be really good for her, I think.

It certainly is interesting and is just that - a journey!

My DD is repeating L4 (which is a really good thing) and spent the season at the bottom of the pack. We switched gym's prior to her competing L3 and current gym doesn't compete that level. It was a good year for her in terms of learning what competition is all about and to see how she reacted to falling, not winning, etc. I would say my proudest moments of her this past season were the times that she didn't give up, times where she took a fall but kept smiling and finished her routine like nothing happened and seeing her cheer for her teammates. Her progress on the L4 skills since meet season is amazing, but she is a kid that has to work on form, so she needs another year there for sure. She is uptraining L5 though and was SO close to her kip last night. I agree - it is really fun to watch - the excting things and the times where they struggle. As long as she is still in love with doing gymnastics, then I am good with whatever else happens :)

And you never know, cbone, your DD might have an awesome season as a first year L4! No doubt she is enjoying her training and you are enjoying watching her...which is all that matters. Good to get that first CGP year out of the way, eh? ;)

I'll ALWAYS have a little CGP in me. I made a conscious choice to cheer loud enough for my kids to know I'm there and proud of them in everything they do. I didn't have my dad there when I was a kid and my kids will NEVER know that feeling of not having a dad cheering for them. It's worth having people at meets considering me to be a CGP. Other than cheering (too) loudly, I just stay out of the other CGP stuff. ;)

The first year is weird for all of us, I think. We don't really know how best to support our kids. We don't know how meets run. We don't know how much to be competetive and how much to back off. We don't know ANYTHING. I feel like I'm learning as much as my daughter is!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back