home equipment?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

shansik

Hi there,
Just joined here and had a question about where to find home gymnastics equipment? Looking for affordable pieces that my kids can enjoy-mainly some mats and maybe a beam that is on the floor. We live in the Cleveland area but would appreciate any good internet sources as well. Thanks so much!!:D

Some parents on here have made their own practice beams and could tell you what materials were needed and how to do it. I got my gymmie one from ebay for about $150 with shipping. Its 8' long and doesn't fold, but easily can be propped up in a corner. She's had it for about 4 yrs so don't remember the name of the person that sold it. Was made by a gym coach in NY as a side business.

Never bought mats---didn't want to encourage tumbling in the house!

I Use

I bought my stuff from Gibson Athletics and American-Gymnast. You should check out their websites. There stuff is pretty affordable and good-quality.

Thank you!!

Thanks so much everyone! I will definitely check them all out.

DH made 8' beams for our girls out of 4x4s with some "feet" for stability. Covered them in carpet remnants. Not perfect, but good enough for them to practice on! He's now working on a low training bar so they will quit trying pullovers on the trapeze on the swingset.

I've seen relatively inexpensive mats on Ebay. Not sure of the quality as I've not bought mats!

DH made a beam for DD, too. He used a 4x6 in order to keep it from warping. He used 2x4s for "feet" on each end for stability. Then we wrapped it in very thin foam and a piece of purple vinyl. The whole thing cost less than $50.

My dad built us our beam. He just used some wood, and to use it for a high beam we place it on two chairs [ha my dad is always in the room]. But instead of using regular beam carpeting, he used some left over carpet. It actually is very helpful, softer and safer at home

My dad built us our beam. He just used some wood, and to use it for a high beam we place it on two chairs [ha my dad is always in the room]. But instead of using regular beam carpeting, he used some left over carpet. It actually is very helpful, softer and safer at home

wow that sounds really dangerous haha but to think what my dad has built me is prob as bad. well he built me a low bar but it didnt seem too safe so i just use it for pull ups and conditioning haha and i have an 8' low beam that he bought me not sure of the price but i think it was from tumbltrak. com or something like that haha and i have a cheese mat and panel mats that were only like 100 dolars each or something :]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back