WAG Home Meet x 2 report !!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
What a long weekend this was. We had our host meet. The gym is in the middle of an expansion so it was a little crowded to say the least. Plus Alex competed in 2 sessions. She did her mobility meet for Level 6 and then immediately after competed her regular Xcel session. 8+ hours sitting in bleachers is NOT fun!! Then both Alex and I got up the next morning to work the level 8-10 session that started at 8:00am.

First was her Level 6 mobility meet
Vault - 8.85 not her best but we'll take it!!
Floor - 8.85 for only learning the routine in the last week I think that was pretty darn good!!
Bars - 9.5. It looked really good! Her long hang pullover/baby giant was beautiful!!! 1st place!!
Beam - 8.8. She has been balking at the BWO for the past month but pulled it off!! So proud!

AA was 36.0. Not too shabby for her first and only Level 6 meet !!!!!

Now here is her X-cel Platinum meet report

Vault - 9.4 personal best! It really looked awesome! Great block and did not budge on the landing!!
Floor - 9.35 another personal best!
Beam - 7.55 would not do the BWO again so she did CW/CW for this session. fell on it and then turned around and fell on the full turn. She did tell me after that she hopes to never do the CW/CW series again. It may be less scary but it is sooo much harder to stick. I was thinking (I have been telling you that all season...you are just now realizing it?) Teenagers!!
Bars - 9.6 another personal best! They looked so amazing!!

AA was 35.925. Considering having already competed in 1 session and her low beam score this was amazing!

I will try to post a video later of at least her bars!

As always thanks CB for being a place to share and vent and learn!!!

WOW Alex!! Congratulations on scoring out of L6 in a BIG way and on another great Xcel meet. What a huge L6 bars score!!! She sure is putting up some great scores! You must be sooooo relieved to be done with that L6 meet. I cannot imagine competing twice like that! What a great weekend for her! :)

Awesome job! I cannot even imagine competing 2 sessions in a row, she must have been exhausted when all was said and done. And great job on getting that level 6 mobility score!

I made a quick video of both her bar routines! Thanks everyone for watching! Only 2 weeks til states![video=youtube;XONvAUuZ0Jo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XONvAUuZ0Jo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

awesome job, she did amazing at her meet. Her bar routines are very good, my daughter and I just watched them. Good luck with level 7, Congrats:D

Her bars are beautiful! I'm curious, though, about why her coach stands so close to her on bars? My daughter's coaches say they aren't supposed to put their hand so close?? They stand more at the side of the bars?

Her bars are beautiful! I'm curious, though, about why her coach stands so close to her on bars? My daughter's coaches say they aren't supposed to put their hand so close?? They stand more at the side of the bars?

The spotting on the tap swings is something new this year. I don't remember them doing that in the past. However, she did her level 6 routine on the smaller girls setting so the likelyhood of her hitting her feet in her tap swings was greater. Not sure if that was the reason or not. I have also heard that spotting those is more important now because of peeling off the bar in the back swing? (I think I read that here on CB a while back).

Wow! Her bar routines look great. Congrats to Alex on getting level 6 out of the way! Now she can concentrate on optionals.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back