Coaches Homemade equipment

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

W

Wally

I saw an elastic strap set up to aide gymnasts through Back Hip Circles while learning/feeling body shape. It looked pretty easy to make something of the likes with bungy cord and swimming pool noodles.

I have made floor bars, low bars, parellettes before and I was wondering if other coaches would like to share any home made gear they use for drills etc.

Wal

Quick reply to myself. 76 looks but no replies. I have to invent & make things all the time as the gym I work at is a Youth Club that has a variety of sports & often cries poor when it comes to handing out money for new equipment. I make bits & pieces that serve different purposes and thought it might be a good section for coaches to share.

I have a local bike repair shop keep inner tubes of bike tyres. With these I use then as 1. resistance rubber straps for strength 2. Filled with sand I add 1-2 kgs of weight to help build up power in their moves 3. stretched between the bars the gymnast use the rubber strap as a guide to their handstand positioning 4. Coupled with pool noodle, I have rigged up a back hip circle support devise to help old coaches spot lots of beginner back hip circle shaping thus helping maintain old backs and shoulders.

I was hoping more coaches would share their tricks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back