For Coaches Homemade equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wally

I saw an elastic strap set up to aide gymnasts through Back Hip Circles while learning/feeling body shape. It looked pretty easy to make something of the likes with bungy cord and swimming pool noodles.

I have made floor bars, low bars, parellettes before and I was wondering if other coaches would like to share any home made gear they use for drills etc.

Wal

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!
W

Wally

Quick reply to myself. 76 looks but no replies. I have to invent & make things all the time as the gym I work at is a Youth Club that has a variety of sports & often cries poor when it comes to handing out money for new equipment. I make bits & pieces that serve different purposes and thought it might be a good section for coaches to share.

I have a local bike repair shop keep inner tubes of bike tyres. With these I use then as 1. resistance rubber straps for strength 2. Filled with sand I add 1-2 kgs of weight to help build up power in their moves 3. stretched between the bars the gymnast use the rubber strap as a guide to their handstand positioning 4. Coupled with pool noodle, I have rigged up a back hip circle support devise to help old coaches spot lots of beginner back hip circle shaping thus helping maintain old backs and shoulders.

I was hoping more coaches would share their tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!