MAG Hours per week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I saw this on another thread, but it was mostly the women's side responding. I was wondering about the boys! I know that the boys' side is way different. So, about how many hours a week does your ds spend at gym? D is a level 5, and he is there about 10-13 hours a week. That will change with meet season a bit, because he will miss some days due to meets.

What do others do?

My son is L4 and does only five hours a week. The L5s at his gym add a day and I think the hours go up to around 8-9 per week. If they get involved in Future Stars, they do some extra training, but I'm not sure how that works yet. His coach encourages him to do some light stretching and work on his handstands and L seats at home, but it's by no means a requirement.

In Australia the averages are
Level 0 - 1-2 hrs
Level 1 - 1-3 hrs
Level 2 - 2-4 hrs
Level 3 - 3-6 hrs
Level 4 - 6-10 hrs
Level 5 - 10-12 hrs
Level 6 - 12-15 hrs
Level 7 - 13-18 hrs
Level 8 - 16-20 hrs
Level 9 - 18-24 hrs
Level 10 - 20-36 hrs

My son just started level 4 and he only goes 3 hours a week. I thought this was pretty light since my daughter goes 12 hours per week at level 6 at the same gym. The boy's program is failry new and the only one within an hour and half drive from my house.:)

My son is a new L4 also and he is going 6 hours per week, 2 days x 3 hours. I think once he moves up to L5 he will then add another day that will make it 9 hours.

It is cool to see that we are all in the same general area with time. I am pretty sure D would go more often if he could, but thankfully he can't. Coach won't let him ;)

My DS is a level 6 and does 15 hours per week. Their group is required to do 12 hours per week but their coach really wanted 15, so they made it optional and it turned out all of the boys do the extra day now. His coach makes it so much fun on that day, no one wants to miss it. They do a lot of conditioning contests where they can win Gatorade. They love it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back