Parents House shoe for severs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tmacs

Proud Parent
Hi,
My daughter is once again having heel pain from severs. We have heel cups for her shoes, supportive shoes, cheetah cups for when she is in gym. She ices her heel and stretches often. I'm looking for advice on a supportive slipper or birkenstock type shoe that she can wear around the house. She doesn't want to wear tennis shoes inside but rather some slip-on type thing.
Anyone have something that works for a 9-year-old?

Hi,
My daughter is once again having heel pain from severs. We have heel cups for her shoes, supportive shoes, cheetah cups for when she is in gym. She ices her heel and stretches often. I'm looking for advice on a supportive slipper or birkenstock type shoe that she can wear around the house. She doesn't want to wear tennis shoes inside but rather some slip-on type thing.
Anyone have something that works for a 9-year-old?

If she doesn't want to wear actual Birkenstocks indoors, how about the EVA (plastic) ones? They are very lightweight and much cheaper than the leather and cork variety. My daughter loves hers. Olukai flip-flops are another option.

I absolutely love Oofos slides, not sure if they meet the criteria for Severs but might be worth a look. The smallest size they have is a women's 5.

I’ve been dealing with plantar fasciitis and the X brace while I’m barefoot helps. I also wear Sanuk and Spenco’s sandals inside.

Oofos inside are great! I wear them for plantar fasciitis and my daughter did when her severs was acting up.

Oofos inside are great! I wear them for plantar fasciitis and my daughter did when her severs was acting up.

Now I need to look up Oofos. Do you know how many pairs of shoes I’ve tried to keep my darn left foot from hurting like mad.A lot.

Reactions: sce
I need to wear shoes indoors due to plantar fasciitis. I wear Sketchers because they have great padding, and for indoors I buy shoes I can slip on. They have a low back, but I just smush that down. There is not a ton of selection in this style, but I always find something I can use.

I tried everything for my plantar fasciitis. Tried many different types of inserts, tried heel cups, saw podiatrist, got a mold done for a personal insert, and nothing worked. It was to the point I was getting steroid shots in my heel the pain was so bad. Started wearing Sketchers, both in and out of the house, (for outdoors I wear tie sneakers) no inserts, and the pain went away. I just have to remember to replace them when the padding starts flattening out.

Unfortunately it may be hard to find something like what I wear in a kid's size.

Reactions: sce
Madden3, Have you tried the X Brace? It doesn’t fee like much but it really supports my feet.

Love oofos! They have slides and flip floos in several different styles. Just a note. When I first got mine I wore them all day walking around and my feet really hurt. I looked it up and it was because they force you to use the muscles in your feet in ways you may not be used to. just Ease in and maybe don’t wear them when your going to be walking a lot until your feet adjust. They feel great now even though I don’t wear them all the time.

I need to wear shoes indoors due to plantar fasciitis. I wear Sketchers because they have great padding, and for indoors I buy shoes I can slip on. They have a low back, but I just smush that down. There is not a ton of selection in this style, but I always find something I can use.

I tried everything for my plantar fasciitis. Tried many different types of inserts, tried heel cups, saw podiatrist, got a mold done for a personal insert, and nothing worked. It was to the point I was getting steroid shots in my heel the pain was so bad. Started wearing Sketchers, both in and out of the house, (for outdoors I wear tie sneakers) no inserts, and the pain went away. I just have to remember to replace them when the padding starts flattening out.

Unfortunately it may be hard to find something like what I wear in a kid's size.
Sketchers are great. I always buy them for my kids and they make some really cute slides.

Now I need to look up Oofos. Do you know how many pairs of shoes I’ve tried to keep my darn left foot from hurting like mad.A lot.
I stumbled upon them accidentally a few years ago and they are the best! I have some ankle issues due to an old injury as well as very high arches which making most sandals cause some level of pain after long wear but can wear Oofos for extended periods of walking with no issues.

I also have a 9yo with newly diagnosed Severs since returning to gym. I just ordered the KidSole gel sport socks on Amazon for her to wear at gym and home. She does love her Birkenstock’s for the heel support but these may be more comfortable for home. They had a lot of sock/slipper products specifically for kids with Severs.

I have had a couple bouts with plantar fasciitis and a doctor friend told me to try to never go barefoot. It has really helped!! I just have those slip on Crocs. Not the classic looking ones, the more sneaker looking ones? I only wear them in the house so they don’t get gross outside. Good luck!

I too have plantar fasciitis and the only shoes besides athletic shoes with orthotics that are comfortable are Crocs. Oddly I'm the opposite of Mrs. Puma, they have to be the original Crocs, none of the more stylish (if that's a thing in Crocs) are comfortable. I have a whole closet full shoes and flip flops that were designed to be comfortable, but aren't.

Has anyone tried ChAcosta or Xero shoes? I keep seeing ads for both.

I do know a couple people who love Xero. As a minimalist shoe they have lots of flexibility but less heel padding than a normal shoe. I don’t have experience with severs to know what is needed... but they would add just a little bit of cushion to bare feet for wearing indoors.

For what it’s worth, I have been running in vibram five fingers for years, started out only indoors to adjust and honestly they were amazing as a house shoe. The KMD Sport has a bit more heel and arch support than most of the styles, while still wearing like a second skin. I know it’s not a footwear choice most people are into, but if it’s indoors nobody will see ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back