Coaches How accurate is your feedback?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Also...log into Youtube and go to...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Opt in the html 5 trial. Once opted in you can click on the gear in a youtube video and watch it in 1/4 time or 1/2 time...slow motion on youtube!

OMG. This post addresses something our staff was talking about the other day. We routinely video kids but by the time we walk over to the TV to view the video and discuss, the moment is gone as too much time has passed. Am I making sense? We had decided to purchase and iPad and use Coaches Eye to see if we could improve the "teaching moment." Anybody using this App please give me hints. Is Coaches Eye the best app for this? Does anybody use anything else?

Does anybody use anything else?

I've got to say I've never heard of the "Coaches eye" got to look into it. There is a coach in our gym who at times uses an ipad to film things, but I find that tablets never have very smooth video, and when in slow motion generally cant even see if their toes are pointed or not.

Personally, I have a camera that can film low resolution, but at roughly 240fps I think? Its lovely and slow, and i can play it back even slower still. I can call the gymnast over to show them what is really happening. Sometimes it helps, other times not so much. My camera is a few years old now, but its a Sanyo Xacti HD2000.

My club has asked me for suggestions about this topic, and they are currently looking into buying a Fugifilm f660. It does a pretty decent job with 160 frames per second, and instead of playing full speed, you can just skip it along frame by frame to show the full details you want the gymnast to see. I know that the screen is only a few inches, but its enough, and better than waiting to load it onto a computer to review later I believe.

Got to say I don't use my camera that much. Generally only if the gymnast is struggling to correct their skills and I think the visual feedback will help, or else if I am struggling to spot where the skill is going wrong at times.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back