How could I do gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I really like gymnastics, it's my favorite thing and all I think about lol, but it seems like it's only for people with a lot of money. I just got finished with school and want to get a job at a gym so I can atleast be around gymnastics and learn some things too. Do you guys have any ideas on how I could do gymnastics if it's even possible? How do people work and do gymnastics at the same time?

I'm not sure if I wrote this clearly.

Hey sasquatch! How are ya? If you really want to do gymnastics or at least the tumbling part of it, I would seriously suggest going to a cheerleading gym and joining their co-ed open team. How old are you? I think you can join as old as 22 or 23. Anyway, cheer teams are always looking for strong guys who can tumble or are willing to learn to tumble. It's worth a shot and you would probably have a better chance of actually using the gymnastics with the cheer squad as opposed to finding an adult gymnastics team.

Hi, I'm good. I'm 18.
I don't really want to be a cheerleader.
I actually do go to a gym now but I've only went twice, it's just open tumble, I don't learn anything else like rings, bars or pommel though. When I did go, the coach asked if I've ever done gymnastics and said I could have gone far with it... that made me happy, but I wish I could have started young or just be able to do it more often now.

Ask for a job. I know there are a few gyms on the islands because I've seen them post positions on USAG.

Then maybe you could workout for free as well getting paid or do it in trade.

Hey Squatch,
Im sure you'll find a way to do gym a lot because really the important thing is that you do it cos you love it =D
If theres more than one gym in your town you could ask around, get as many free trial classes as you can and then see about all of their open gym policies,
Even if its not to easy to find a way I'm sure you'll find the way to do gym as much as you can ;]

Actually during the hiring process, it has been a question I've asked. At certain gyms, because of insurance and liability, it was frowned upon. I could play a little under the guise of figuring out what to do for classes but not really " training. "

They wouldn't let you go to the gym when your not working?
Was it cause you were over 18?
The gym I go to lets adults use the gym, not for gymnastics classes, but for open tumble and cheerleading though.

Because of insurance reasons. For some gyms, there insurance only covers 21 and under, with 18-21 only being on floor not apparatus. Some other gyms have all inclusive insurance for the old fogies.

They were fuddy duddies and actually reccomended I go to 24hr to get a good workout. Lamer than lame.

Because of insurance reasons. For some gyms, there insurance only covers 21 and under, with 18-21 only being on floor not apparatus. Some other gyms have all inclusive insurance for the old fogies.

They were fuddy duddies and actually reccomended I go to 24hr to get a good workout. Lamer than lame.
Aw that sucks. There's a gym on my Island that has adult gymnast classes, maybe that would be a better one to work at.

Dunno. I can't imagine any of the gyms there are that big are have a high enrollment but maybe it has it's niche.

Hi, sasquatch. What gym were you at in Hawaii? Just wondering. I used to live in Hawaii. I took adult classes at Mojo Gymnastics until it closed down last August.

Hi, sasquatch. What gym were you at in Hawaii? Just wondering. I used to live in Hawaii. I took adult classes at Mojo Gymnastics until it closed down last August.
I go to this gym called What's up gymnastics. I only go to open tumbling though. The coach there is is cool, he lets me try other things like rings, rope climbing and the foam pit.

What's Up was the first gym I heard about when I was in Hawaii. I almost signed up but I was still into ballet then. Now I'm at Rabbit Gymnastics Club in Japan.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back