How did you arrive at the ChalkBucket?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Beetle was struggling with her BHS on High beam. After 2 years of doing them consistently one day she just stopped.

I dont know exactly what I googled but I think it was gymnastics message board.

This is what came up = and THANK GOODNESS!!

This is a fun thread! :)
I googled TOPs this past spring when we were told that Caitlyn was chosen to test for it at regionals. I'm glad that I decided to lurk for a while because I quickly decided it'd be a site worth reading. I told hubby about it while still in lurkdom. He quickly became a member, and that motivated me to join, too.

I think I just googled gymnastics message boards and it came up. :eek: I honestly don't remember the moment, but that's how I usually discover things. ;)

I posted on a Sports & Kids board at iVillage and someone e-mailed me telling me about this board. Can't thank them enough :)

I think it was an ad on Facebook that led me here. My eyes usually just slide past the ads but this one caught my eye. I believe I lurked for ~2 minutes before I joined. Chalk bucket was just the procrastination tool I needed for the second semester of my junior year...

Such shameless advertising eh? :D That board drives me a bit scatty at times!

I searched gymnastics forums, found Gymbrooke and the CB, and now look where I am. :p

Bog: I know what you mean I don't like all the guest posts on the other board. If you are going to say something they have an ID! But I am grateful you mentioned the CB!

I was actually looking for a gymnastics message board lol

Same here. We changed internet providers our old provider had a gym message board that I loved but you had to be one of their clients to access it so I did a search and this was one of the boards that popped up and I'm SOOOOOO glad it did what a great place to come and get the support and advice, and new internet friends who don't think we are crazy for being a gym family.

I was doing a search looking for more information about gymnastics when they wanted to move my DD off pre-team (4hrs/wk) and onto L4(10.5 hr/wk) when she was about to turn 6. Not knowing anything about gymnastics of course I was trying to make a good parental decision, LOL, and needed some advise. I stubbled upon a group (Yahoo I think) called GYMNASTICSNOT (I think) and it was a nice little forum I was on for a couple months that suddenly just closed without warning one day. I thought maybe if I searched I would re-find it again....found Chalk Bucket and loved it because it had so much information and there were so many parent just like me! Now I enjoy coming here not just for info, but to try to share with others my experiences in L4. I also feel like this is MY gymnastics team and really enjoy hearing about YOUR gymmies & all the experiences you share with me! Whenever I have a thought or question about gymnastics, I know I can come here and usually find others that either understand, or it's been already discussed in a thread for me to read!

I posted on a Sports & Kids board at iVillage and someone e-mailed me telling me about this board. Can't thank them enough :)

So funny Cathiann...I used to be a CL at ivillage for many years! It was the June 1998 board that then got blended into the Jan-June 98 board. Shortly after that being mom of three and working more hours I had to resign but still have many friends over there.

I was having some fear issues and was thinking about switching to prep-opt. So I did a google search and guess which site came up;):p

Last edited:
Just like 2 other posters I was looking for quotes and came across the CB. Found some good quotes and didn;t think anything of it. Then sometime later I searched something else, CB came up. I lurked for about a month and then joined.

I googled "hairstyles for a gymnastics meet" two years ago when DD had her first "mock" meet, and I found this great place. :)

A friend mentioned that I would like it, so I tried it. At first, I wasn't so sure if it was for me. But after reminding myself that all is well if I keep an open mind, I realized I really do love to talk gymnastics. The members here are all so level headed. Coming from a gym with my older DD that had very opinionated parents, CB is a breath of fresth air!!:D

My youngest was balking before practice and I was trying to find the Doc Ali website to see her advice. She had been a part of our team parent clinic the summer before. Of course, I was looking for www.headgames.com not.ws! Google put CB's Doc Ali's parent tips right at the top of the search page.

I was on a quest for gymnastics info when my daughter's coaches suggested more training hours. So I googled gymnastics message boards, and here we are!

I posted a few times initially, and then sporadically over the next couple of years. I've really only been a truly active community member since this past summer when I had to take time off work.

I can't tell you how much this place means to me, and how eager I am to celebrate the accomplishments of all of these talented and hard working kids!

I believe I originally came across CB in a Google search, but wasn't sure about becoming a member. Then a wonderful online friend, Canadiangymmom, whom I "met" through Youtube suggested I join. She had become someone I trusted about gymnastics advice and life in general, even though we had never met. I am truly thankful for her advice and miss her dearly, but enjoy all the advice and stories here at CB.

I decided to try a local gym's adult program and Googled gymnastics to try and find some info about the sport and others involved with adult gymnastics. I'm learning so much!

Oh My that was awhile ago!! I don't even remember but I think it came up on a search for somehthing else.

I was searching for gymnastics questions and the CB popped up and I browsed a little before signing up then decided to sign up.

Google! I had questions and CB had all the answers I was looking for! This place is the best resource for information about gymnastics and the people here always have answers.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back