WAG how do I join optional parent group

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom14, the group entitled Optional Parents - Closed Group is closed to new members. This was a group of parents from the old format that wanted to stay intact because everyone knew everyone. Parents wanted to make sure they didn't have to worry about revealing too much personal information in this group. I believe Gymmomof1 is starting a new group for parents of level 8s and 9s. If that doesn't apply to you, you can start a new group by clicking Social Groups and then Create New Social Forum on the top right.

On the old format, I don't think our group was visible to everyone...I'm not sure if there's a way for administrators to arrange it so private groups are not easily found by everyone? We don't want to appear exclusionary - we just didn't know how else to form a private group.

On the old format, I don't think our group was visible to everyone...I'm not sure if there's a way for administrators to arrange it so private groups are not easily found by everyone? We don't want to appear exclusionary - we just didn't know how else to form a private group.

LOL, we d0n't want to be appear exclusionary, we just d0n't want to let anyone else in.

Sorry, just hit me as funny. I really do understand why you would do it.

LOL, we d0n't want to be appear exclusionary, we just d0n't want to let anyone else in.

Sorry, just hit me as funny. I really do understand why you would do it.

Sorry, you're right - we're being exclusionary to the point where the members don't want to "OK" everyone who wants to join. They don't want to have to worry about new members being some weirdo or a stalker...of course, most people on CB are wonderful but some people have had bad experiences with other members figuring out who they are, and the members wanted a small, personal group. Under the old format, our group could only be found by searching, I believe. Unfortunately, it's now on the page with all the other public groups.

Sorry, you're right - we're being exclusionary to the point where the members don't want to "OK" everyone who wants to join. They don't want to have to worry about new members being some weirdo or a stalker...of course, most people on CB are wonderful but some people have had bad experiences with other members figuring out who they are, and the members wanted a small, personal group. Under the old format, our group could only be found by searching, I believe. Unfortunately, it's now on the page with all the other public groups.

I went o look if the group could be made invisible, but it doesn't seem to be possible. Perhaps rename the group so it looks less like a group for all??

I went o look if the group could be made invisible, but it doesn't seem to be possible. Perhaps rename the group so it looks less like a group for all??

That's why I added "Closed Group," but maybe I can come up with something else.

Just change it to "Closed Group" and leave off the "Optional Parents." Or maybe "Closed Group #1." Maybe we'll start a trend! ;)

Good idea, because if it says optional parents, then all optional parents will want to join.

Anyone can start a new social group, open or closed, so nobody should feel excluded.

Do remember these groups are not moderated by the CB mods, but the CB admins, JBS, GT and me, can see in the groups. Though we usually only look when asked as I think we forget they are there sometimes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back