Coaches How do you end your class in a fun way?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coachkazoo

Coach
Proud Parent
Just wondering what other coaches do to end a gymnastics class in a fun, positive way? (Beginner girls, 8-10, recreational gymnastics). I was trying to think of some kind of a cheer for them or something that this age group would have fun with...Would love to hear what others do...

Have them tell you one thing they did that day that was fun/exciting/ or that they are proud of. As long as they had a good class and you end on a positive note, they'll want to come back :)

We went to Culver's on Saturday for ice cream and French fries! Rock on!

Sent from my iPad using ChalkBucket

I rotate between; 1) "karate corner"- set up mats, foam towers, barrels and other equipment and let my kids go crazy for 15 seconds. my rowdy boys love it and it keeps them in check during class. 2) foam pit- I like to have them jump off the trampoline spring board and try to catch foam I throw at them. 3) make your own obstacle course- I let the kids put equipment wherever they like. they love being in charge. 4) follow the leader conditioning- run through the gym and do different conditioning skills at each station.
every class ends by the coach saluting the class and they return a salute. it was a great way to end class. we sometimes give out stickers and stamps and whatnot.

I rotate between; 1) "karate corner"- set up mats, foam towers, barrels and other equipment and let my kids go crazy for 15 seconds. my rowdy boys love it and it keeps them in check during class. 2) foam pit- I like to have them jump off the trampoline spring board and try to catch foam I throw at them. 3) make your own obstacle course- I let the kids put equipment wherever they like. they love being in charge. 4) follow the leader conditioning- run through the gym and do different conditioning skills at each station.
every class ends by the coach saluting the class and they return a salute. it was a great way to end class. we sometimes give out stickers and stamps and whatnot.
I'd love to know how you "SALUTE"? :)

Play a game - some ideas:
The fast game - you call out positions quickly, last one to get to correct position is out
Add ons - first person chooses a skill, next person does that skill plus adds another and so on until the last person has to remember all of them
Soldier - on low beam push them slightly (getting harder each time) to see who stays on the longest
Handstand competition for best quality handstand not longest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back