Parents How do you feel about 100% medals placements?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't enjoy supporting other gyms.
I have had that same thought AND have wondered if the meet our gym hosts is even worth the headache. And then I realized if all gyms decided it wasn't worth it, the opportunities to compete would be drastically reduced and my expense and time traveling would go up significantly. So, I'm starting to have a change of heart. While I don't really want to give another gym my money, I'm also thankful the opportunity is there. Just a different way to view it.

I'm very late catching up on this thread but I would also add that the meet our gym hosts, the registration fees barely cover the expenses (we made less than $400 on registration fees after the meet expenses were deducted). Yes, that does include medals/trophies (50% and 100% AA - our state requires it) but that cost was actually small (last year was about 10% of our expenses). Our 3 biggest expenses are 1 - renting the equipment, 2 - renting the facility and 3 - paying the expenses for the judges (payments, mileage, food and hotel). Those 3 items are 60% of our expenses. We make our profit off of the food, admission fee, programs (though now that online scoring is really becoming prevalent, this is becoming almost a break even item, sometimes a loss) and a few sponsors. It's either the registration fee has to go up or the entrance fee to cover all the costs associated with hosting a meet.

I have had that same thought AND have wondered if the meet our gym hosts is even worth the headache. And then I realized if all gyms decided it wasn't worth it, the opportunities to compete would be drastically reduced and my expense and time traveling would go up significantly. So, I'm starting to have a change of heart. While I don't really want to give another gym my money, I'm also thankful the opportunity is there. Just a different way to view it.
I hear what your saying. I deal with admission, I deal with her entry.

But if I have choice between 2 meets, I tend to pick the one that will cost less, figuring all costs. Unless there a compelling reason to go to the one that costs more, things like location or timing

And I don’t buy snacks, drinks, raffles or trinkets.

May be a shirt at States.

I usually get the professional photos maybe once a year or every other, ifthere has been no Leo or growth change.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back